[SOLVED] No Sound Can Be Heard Only On Incoming Calls With FreePBX 2.10.0.4

There is no sound on incoming calls only (the caller can hear us but we can’t hear them) however outbound calls work just fine and inter-office extension calling works just fine; also dialpad inputs do not work on the IVR as well. Everything was working great up to this point but could it be a possible codec issue? Any help would be very much appreciated because our office is dead in the water right now.

Why even bother having a forum if people are expected to pay for support? We are a small office of three people and don’t really have those types of funds allocated. I thought that’s why it was called FreePBX? Anyway, I failed to mention this happened shortly after a module upgrade System Admin 2.10.0.30. Can anyone give me a little mercy here?

Tell us a little more about your system. What version of FreePBX/Asterisk? Was it built by hand or a Distro install? What types of trunks are you using? I doubt that upgrading sysadminpro caused the issue but how long after the upgrade did this problem happen?

It sounds like you are using SIP trunks. If you are one way voice it typically caused by firewall problems.

Some console output of what happens when you try to make a call is needed also.

Now on the the paid support question. FreePBX software is free, however that does not mean that you have some right to free help. The people that build freepbx offer paid support to help support their efforts to keep making FreePBX better.

I have used paid support and can assure you that the team is top notch.

Many of the people that provide support in this forum are also top notch.

I help in these forums because it is a way for me to give back to the FreePBX community. I make a living installing phone system and FreePBX has made doing so a lot easier and a lot better.

I also want to point out the the person who posted the link to the support team is not a member of the team.

Something changed during the update. Verify your NAT/Network settings in sip settings module.

After checking your NAT come back with more specific questions.

I also want to point out the the person who posted the link to the support team is not a member of the team.

Something changed during the update. Verify your NAT/Network settings in sip settings module.

After checking your NAT come back with more specific questions.

Thank you for the additonal responses! A little background information, I set this FreePBX server up for a purley nonprofit organization on a volunteer basis and even donated all the hardware. As I’m sure FreePBX offers top notch professional services I just didn’t feel this problem qualified for professional help considering the nature of the business. Had this been any other business I wouldn’t have thought twice about tapping into the budget for professional help. Anyway, I failed to mention that the main number is being forwarded by Charter to one of our DID’s until the main number is ported over. I am telling you this because it appears the issue only occurs when the main number is called…it does NOT occur if you call the DID directly. Ports 10001-20000 and 5060 are forwarded (firewall test passes) and QoS has been successfully setup. Just tested the main number today and it works just fine and I have changed nothing since the first post…sounds like a Charter issue possibly? Would the logs even show this if it was?