[Solved] Keep Certain Extensions from Receiving Caller ID Completely?

Hello @tm1000,

I will take your words to a feature request of adding a privacy header to an extension or an inbound/outbound route: https://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-19004.

Thank you,

Daniel Friedman
Trixton LTD.

You shouldn’t. That is why I didn’t recommend a Macro(), I recommended a GoSub. The func-set-sipheader() GoSub to be more exact. How that is 100 lines? I’m not sure because it’s like three.

[func-set-sipheader]
include => func-set-sipheader-custom
exten => s,1,Noop(Sip Add Header function called. Adding ${ARG1} = ${ARG2})
exten => s,n,Set(HASH(_SIPHEADERS,${ARG1})=${ARG2})
exten => s,n,Return()

And then when calls are made and the pre-dial option of b(func-apply-sipheaders^s^1) will then take those headers in the hash and apply them.

[func-apply-sipheaders]
include => func-apply-sipheaders-custom
exten => s,1,Noop(Applying SIP Headers to channel)
exten => s,n,Set(SIPHEADERKEYS=${HASHKEYS(SIPHEADERS)})
exten => s,n,ExecIf($[“${HASH(SIPHEADERS,Alert-Info)}” = “unset”]?Set(Rheader=1))
exten => s,n,While($[“${SET(sipkey=${SHIFT(SIPHEADERKEYS)})}” != “”])
exten => s,n,Set(sipheader=${HASH(SIPHEADERS,${sipkey})})
exten => s,n,SIPAddHeader(${sipkey}: ${sipheader})
exten => s,n,Set(PJSIP_HEADER(add,${sipkey})=${sipheader})
exten => s,n,EndWhile
exten => s,n,ExecIf($[“${Rheader}” = “1”]?SIPRemoveHeader(Alert-Info:))
exten => s,n,ExecIf($[“${Rheader}” = “1”]?Set(PJSIP_HEADER(remove,Alert-Info)=))
exten => s,n,Return()

So yeah, not a Macro. Not 100 lines of code. It’s EXISTING code that comes with FreePBX that doesn’t require you to do individual “SIPAddHeader” commands followed with the advice of “To do PJSIP follow this separate method” since it handles both and it widely used through out the system already.

Just another little FYI, much like Chan_SIP the Macro() app is also deprecated and will be removed in future versions. GoSub replaced it years ago.

2 Likes

I never said you didn’t know it. Look, this is simple I wasn’t really talking to you directly but in general on the topic at hand. I just quoted what you had posted for reference. You came back and asked why you should use a Macro that has 100’s lines of code when your version is simple and faster. Except, I never said that. I never suggested adding 100’s lines of code or even using a Macro. I suggested using a pre-existing GoSub that is already written and used in the system. How much more simple and faster can that get?

Thank you for these responses. Unfortunately this is a multi-office, multi-staff issue. Our management team has committed to manage down on the challenge, however in the interim I have been commissioned to come up with the previously discussed option.

Following up on this question, does anyone have any custom context suggestions? Would the below option do it?

[from-internal-custom]
;Update Caller ID name for "Blank" Transfers from front Desk
exten => _X./_30[1-3],1,,GotoIf($[${LEN(${CALLERID(name)})} = 0]?setcid:end)
exten => _X./_30[1-3],n(setcid),NoOp(CUSTOM: from-internal-custom in /etc/asterisk/extension_custom.conf)
exten => _X./_30[1-3],n,NoOp(CUSTOM: Blank Front Desk Transfer: Updating Caller ID from ${CALLERID(all)})
exten => _X./_30[1-3],n,Set(CALLERID(name)="Front Desk Transfer")
exten => _X./_30[1-3],n,NoOp(CUSTOM: Caller ID changed to ${CALLERID(all)})
exten => _X./_30[1-3],n(end),NoOp()

My ancient Yealink T26P sets have a per-account ‘Caller ID Source’ option of PAI. With no changes to any contexts or dialplan code, selecting this option and having sendrpid for the extension set to No, the phone displays Anonymous for both internal and external calls. Outbound caller ID, transferred calls, etc. are unaffected.

Try this and report results – if something leaks through, there may be an easy fix.

This is the solution in the second screenshot I posted above. Sounds like the perfect solution for @jgiebler

If you use EPM to manage your Yealink phones, this setting is set to 4. And Send PID is already No.

You need to go into the basefile and change it.
You will want to duplicate you current template since you do not want to affect all extensions. Then change this to 1 and apply the template to your receptionist phone.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.