[Solved] FreePBX Installed Successfully! Now what? :/ **Validated**

As per your instructions, I was able to install freePBX via USB .img :smile: .
However, I’m at a crossroads now with the SIP trunks.

The hardware I have currently is listed below. If I purchase a Cisco SPA232D Multi-Line DECT ATA would I need a SIP service? Wouldn’t it convert my POTS into VOIP? I’m lost… I called cisco annnnd they tried selling me a cisco 2901. :
Essentially, I want to have a system with 13 IP phones.

Hardware:

HARDDRIVE
Western Digital WD Blue WD5000AAKS 500GB 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive

MOTHERBOARD
MSI 785G-E53 AM3 AMD 785G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

POWER SUPPLY
Raidmax Power Supply ATX 500 Power Supply RX-500AF

MEMORY:
OCZ Platinum 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ3P16004GK

Thank you for your patience

You will require some more expensive hardware to convert a POTS line over, how many lines are you talking? It might be easier and cheaper for you to port your numbers over to a SIP provider and use sip trunks.

Sipstation, is one of the SIP providers I use, they are very reliable and a reasonable price. The company also supports FreePBX and using Sipstation, I feel I am adding a little back to the project.

https://sipstation.schmoozecom.com

Call them, email them and ask them about the SIP trunks. They also provide a module to help set up the trunks, so you do not really need to be a pro with FreePBX.

SIPstation looks great. I think I’ll still need an adapter or bridge to connect the IP Phones. I essentially only need 2/3 lines with 13 IP Phones. I think I should be able to assign extensions to each of them via the SIPstation module and even forward my calls to my cell if I’m out. I also like the WebRTC function.

Why an adapter or bridge? Plug the phones into a switch and the same with the FreePBX server, run them all on the same IP range on the same subnet. Set them up within FreePBX and off you go.

The Sipstation module will only setup your DIDs, it will not set up your phones, nor will it set up your routes. There will be lots to configure and there is lots of tutorials on YouTube as to what you will need to do.

To be quite honest, I’m just a rookie looking for validation.