[solved] Call Event Log installation reports errors

Ok I did some further research and found the settings I believe you refer to in the database

mysql> SELECT keyword,value FROM freepbx_settings WHERE keyword LIKE "CDRDB%";
+----------------+-------+
| keyword        | value |
| CDRDBHOST      |       |
| CDRDBNAME      |       |
| CDRDBPASS      |       |
| CDRDBPORT      |       |
| CDRDBTABLENAME |       |
| CDRDBTYPE      |       |
| CDRDBUSER      |       |
7 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Seemed to be OK.
Eventually I took a look into the install script of the module. I tried to run the alter queries by hand which failed, because of a crashed table.

mysql> CHECK TABLE cel;
+-------------------+-------+----------+-----------------------------------------------------------+
| Table             | Op    | Msg_type | Msg_text                                                  |
+-------------------+-------+----------+-----------------------------------------------------------+
| asteriskcdrdb.cel | check | warning  | Table is marked as crashed                                |
| asteriskcdrdb.cel | check | warning  | 11 clients are using or haven't closed the table properly |
| asteriskcdrdb.cel | check | error    | Found wrong record at 545783732                           |
| asteriskcdrdb.cel | check | error    | Corrupt                                                   |
4 rows in set (10.65 sec)

I then ran
REPAIR TABLE cel;
but I guess deleting the table would have been ok too. (loosing old records of course)

cel installed successfully without any errors, seems like this was not caused by FreePBX directly.
However, I suggest you add detailed error output to the install script as this table is probably one of the biggest and thus more likely to get corrupted somehow.