Solved - Call cannot be completed as dialed after purchasing modules

So this is a weird one. On 3-5-2021 I made a backup of my test freepbx VM. I have one trunk via sipstation that’s paid for. Not the free trial.

After creating the backup I then proceeded to purchase 4 modules:

Endpoint Manager
Page Pro
Conference Pro
Zulu 20 users

The modules installed/activated on their own as far as I can tell. I poked around in them a bit but left things alone for the weekend. I came in this morning and am unable to make any outbound calls. I get “your call cannot be completed as dialed”. I get this from any extension, desk phones and soft phones. Inbound works fine.

I restored the VM from the backup. Powered it up and was able to make outbound calls. I then made a small change to an extension (email address for voicemail) and after applying the config I can no longer make outbound calls.

I restore the VM from the backup. And can make outbound calls. I can continue making outbound calls until I make any change that requires applying the config.

Before applying any configs I can reboot the server as many times as I want and I can still make outbound calls.

It’s when I apply any config changes that I can no longer make outbound calls.

Firewall being on or off doesn’t make any difference.

I copied the asterisk log files during a successful outbound call and an unsuccessful outbound call and compared them with ExamDiff. This shows the differences between the two files - i replaced the number dialed (my cell phone) with the 555 number - what stands out to me right away is the very first line:

Successful call:
Executing [[5551231234 ]@from-internal:1] Macro(“SIP/103-00000002”, “user-callerid,LIMIT,EXTERNAL,”) in new stack

Call cannot be completed:
Executing [[5551231234 ]@from-internal:1] Macro(“SIP/103-000* 00002”, “user-callerid,LIMIT”) in new stack

On the good call I see “EXTERNAL”, whereas on the call that doesn’t work EXTERNAL is missing.

Any thoughts?

Share call traces via pastebin, not as images.

Sounds like you’ve enabled, but not configured, Extension Routing.

1 Like

That is exactly what it was.

Endpoint Manager added a section in my Outbound Route/Additional Settings tab called “extension routing”. By default all extensions were placed in the Block Extensions field. Moving them over to Allowed Extensions fixed it.

1 Like

Nope, not EPM. It’s the Extension Routing module.

Doesn’t the extension routing module keep everything allowed by default? At least that has always been the behaviour for me.

For me it disallowed all extensions by default. definitely not the behavior i would have expected.

I purchased a handful of modules after purchasing the extension routing module and completely forgot about it. threw me for a loop for a while.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.