SMS messages on Sangoma s505

I’m having strange “SMS” messages appearing on phones for one of my multi-site clients. This appears to be only happening at one site, and can’t detect configuration differences to find out where these are coming from. They do seem to be related to parked calls in a specific parking-pro lot.

Phone shows “View SMS” screen, and the actual messages show a parking lot slot.

I can’t figure out where these are coming from to turn them off. Anyone have any clues?

FreePBX 14.0.16.4

Thanks for the report. We have identified this as being due to some recent changes done to DPMA and have a ticket open for this now.

Hello Lorne,

We’re seeing this on a server that does not have DPMA enabled, just the standard EPM?

Are you sure it’s not enabled? What is the output of:

# asterisk -x "digium_phones show version"
Digium Phone Module for Asterisk Version 18.0_3.6.3

asterisk -x “digium_phones show version”
Digium Phone Module for Asterisk Version 16.0_3.6.3

I guess it’s installed, my mistake. Looks like an older version though?

Is there a temp fix to stop the sms from hitting phone after “park” ? Do we just uninstall Digium Phone module?

If you don’t use DPMA devices (Digium/Sangoma S D series or P series) then disabling will resolve.

Apparently DPMA is active on ours, but no Digium phones, so I’m deactivating it now as well.

I’m seeing the following messages in the logs, AFTER I’ve disabled the digium_phones modules:

[2021-05-17 15:33:47] VERBOSE[23243] res_pjsip_endpoint_identifier_dpma.c: Updating DPMA user ‘115’ uri=‘pjsip:10.2.70.109:5060;transport=’ ua=‘Sangoma S505 V3.0.4.75’
[2021-05-17 15:33:57] VERBOSE[23243] res_pjsip_endpoint_identifier_dpma.c: Updating DPMA user ‘106’ uri=‘pjsip:10.2.70.214:5060;transport=’ ua=‘Sangoma S505 V3.0.4.75’

Note:
# fwconsole ma list | grep digium
| digium_phones | | Not Installed (Locally available) | GPLv2 |
| digiumaddoninstaller | | Not Installed (Locally available) | GPLv2 |

Did you restart Asterisk after removing the DPMA rpm?

I did reload, but will do a restart after business hours. Thanks!

That worked. Thank You!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.