SIP Trunk Values and Perameters

Hi everyone.

Does anyone know where there is a listing of the SIP trunk parameters and their possible values?

I am trying to set up a SIP trunk and my VSP provided me with details but there are items which I don’t know how to configure such as outbound proxy address and proxy port.

I have figured a lot of it out and I do have my FreePBX registering to the VSP and I can make inbound calls but there are still some anomolies which I can’t seem to solve.

I have read a lot of the threads in this forum but can’t find anywhere that the SIP trunk perameters are listed with their possible values and effect. I also read somewhere that the order in which they are placed is important. Is there anything that documents the order values should be in?

I can connect to my VSP with no problem using X-Lite client and make/receive calls so what I am trying to do is set the outgoing and incoming trunk parameters to mirror the X-Lite configuration which is not easy when you don’t know the syntax.

At the moment I have something like this in my Peer Details …

username=UUUUUUUU
type=peer
trustrpid=yes
sendrpid=yes
secret=sssssssssss
qualify=yes
port=5082
outboundproxy=sip.plus.net
insecure=very
host=nat.plus.net
dtmfmode=rfc2833
disallow=all
context=from-pstn
canreinvite=yes
authuser=UUUUUUUU
allow=alaw

When I configure X-Lite with the VSP details I check the “Send Outbound Via Proxy” box and enter the proxy host there.

I guessed on the parameter “outboundproxy=” above. The rest of it is taken from other users settings from reading a number of threads.

Can anyone help point me to where I can find details of the config parameters?

Thanks,

Colin.

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+config+sip.conf