SIP Trunk only rings existing extension and not normal route

Hi to all,

Maybe some one can help me determine if I can fix my problem on my FreePBX or if it has to be done by the SIP / DID provider.

I’m using: FreePBX 14.0.5.25 Current Asterisk Version: 15.5.0

I have signed up for a SIP/DID number from a provider in Spain and I have created the chan_sip Trunk correctly, my issue is that when call this DID I get the message below:

[2019-03-22 15:12:35] NOTICE[1928][C-00000005]: chan_sip.c:26513 handle_request_invite: Call from ‘xxxxxxxxx_13066’ (90.160.XX.XXX:5060) to extension ‘966XXXXXX’ rejected because extension not found in context ‘default’.

Obviously it’s searching for an extension identical to the DID I have contracted and the extension does not exist.

If I do create the extension 966XXXXXX and hook up a phone to that extension the phone will receive calls as normal, What I’m aming for is normal trunk behaviour, I want it to follow my inbound route and be able to do what I want with the incoming call such as a Ring Group for example.

Question: Can I change the Trunk behaviour so it doesn’t require the extension to be created and just follow an Inbound?

NOTE: I do have an inbound with ANY ANY active working perfectly with other service provider Trunks.

If not, can I route from the created extension 966XXXXXX back to ring groups for example?

Thanks for any help in advance.
Oliver

No you haven’t. FreePBX expects trunks to be in context from-pstn

1 Like

You are absolutley right, I don’t know how I missed that, thank you for your answer. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.