SIP TRUNK Monitoring

Good morning

I would like to know how I can monitor the sip trunks that I have configured in the FreePBX through snmp. I can’t find the OID or MIB to be able to do it and I don’t know if someone can help me with this

Thank you so much

The FreePBX part of the code would not monitor that; it would leave it to Asterisk.

Asterisk doesn’t know the difference between SIP “extensions” and SIP “trunks”; they are all just endpoints. Also I don’t think Asterisk has any snmp support outside its core, so none in channel drivers.

It is possible that there are third party applications that monitor device state and report it over snmp.

If you search this forum there are a few topics on this and the general consensus is that this isn’t done with SNMP any longer, pretty sure asterisk dropped all SNMP support a little while back as well.

Some have suggested using ARI AMI to monitor things. Zabbix also has some asterisk monitoring functionality that can be customized to ones’ needs.

In terms of intended purpose, AMI would be much more appropriate.

Thanks for the correction.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.