SIP Trunk keeps disconnecting

Hi all,
my SIP trunk provider is T-Mobile PL. I configured the trunk in FreePBX 15.0.21 with Asterrisk version: 16.19.0 and it works, but I’m facing 2 problems.
First problem is, that the trunk disconnects after a random time. Sometimes it is after 2 days, sometimes it works for a whole month before it gets offline. When it happens, many SIP REGISTERs are being sent to the provider without any respose. To fix it, I have to login into FreePBX, disable the trunk, wait 15 minutes and turn it back on.
Second problem is related to incomming calls. About 50% of incoming calls are unsuccessful (voice annoucement “the subscriber is temporarily unavailable”). I don’t see any INVITE coming into FreePBX in that case. All outgoing calls work properly.
Now some info regaring my provider. The auth username is like [email protected], but they use a proxy (vpabx.ims.t-mobile.pl), through which all communication happen. I configured it as sip:vpabx.ims.t-mobile.pl;lr
Their recommendation say thay the SIP registration expiry time should be 3600s so I configured like that. The provider also sends SIP OPTIONS packet every 60s, on FreePBX side qualify frequency is also set to 60s.
When I configured this trunk on an Ericsson-LG IP8820 phone, it worked without any problem for a few months on the same internet connection.
Do you guys have any ideas what can be done to fix these 2 problems?

You need to give us more information. Please show your configuration and SIP traces.

Here is my configuration:

Cap file containing sip trace with 2 weeks of signalling captured:
https://anonfiles.com/xdO0P8L8xc/pjsip3_cap

What does the provider logs say about it?

Make sure that ims.t-mobile.pl (83.220.97.101) is the only source for incoming calls. This kind of issue can happen if the provider uses 2 distinct proxies with load sharing. Not sure about FreePBX but I got the same with Avaya.
Check if the incoming UDP INVITE packet is just not accepted by Asterisk at your side or it does not reach it at all.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.