I am new with FreePBX and PIAF…
Trying to establish a PBX system for my home.
What I have done so far:
- Installed FreePBX (PIAF 184.108.40.206.1, CentOS 6.3 32 bit)
- Connected LinkSys (Cisco) PAP2T ATA with two analog phone as extensions
- Configured LinPhone as SIP softphone as extension
- All three extensions are configured from FreePBX and they are able to communcate each other
What I need to do:
- Test my PBX system by connecting to outside world so that I could confirm that it is SIP trunk ready for outside calls
0. Can you please recommend any Canadian (or north american) SIP trunk provider who could provide me temporary FREE SIP trunk testing facility. I have checked VOIP.MS, they don’t have any testing facility and they don’t directly support iPBX
- Do you have any recommendation for SIP trunking provider in regard of quality and cost
- Is there any good tutorial for a newbie like me to follow the steps to configure PAP2T and PIAF so that I could connect my PBX for making inbound and outbound calls.
Your help would be very much appreciated.
Flowroute.com will give you .25 cents credit to try them out once you register. 25 cents will be plenty of time to test your system.
Don’t know much about them but they have a free lab version http://www.sip-ua.com/node/61
Finally, having some research through “University of Google”, I could find working answers of my original questions posted earlier. I am in a process of putting all steps in a document so that any newbie like me, could be benefited while setting up a PBX system.
For now, here are the answers of my orginial questions:
Q. 0. Can you please recommend any Canadian (or north american) SIP trunk provider who could provide me temporary FREE SIP trunk testing facility.
Ans: Even though it is difficult to find a FREE SIP trunk provider in Canada, VOIP.MS offers a rock bottom price to subscribe a trunk. I subscribed a trunk at a cost of $0.99/month with $0.01/min inbound and $0.05/min outbound rate. My testing is going for a week now and so far I could spent 27 cents. They use billing pulse of 6 sec.
Do you have any recommendation for SIP trunking provider in regard of quality and cost
Ans. VOIP.MS. Their online support is excellent !
Is there any good tutorial for a newbie like me to follow the steps to configure PAP2T and PIAF so that I could connect my PBX for making inbound and outbound calls.
Ans. VOIP.MS has a wiki page (http://wiki.voip.ms/article/Welcome) with configuration information of different SIP phones, ATA and FreePBX. Very straight forward. On top of this, I also recommend to use “PIAF without tears” by Ben Sharif, (http://www.pbxpop.net/PBXFlashManual.pdf) as a reference. That book is really comprehensive and well written by our friend from the land of Kangaroo