FreePBX | Register | Issues | Wiki | Portal | Support

SIP TLS Help

freepbx
configuration
asterisk
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fafc52a9be0> #<Tag:0x00007fafc52a99d8> #<Tag:0x00007fafc52a9870>

Hi All,

I am trying to set up SIP TLS and SRTP for remote users. I have applied all module and system updates (ie YUM UPDATE) and the handsets I am testing with are Yealink T46S and T48S.

I am also using EndPoint Manager to provision the handset. This is is all working fine. I did report a bug I found with EndPoint Manager not setting the transport type in the config file but I worked around that easily by using the Basefile Editor.

I am now finding myself, though, in a position where I can only get one handset working at a time. And if I reboot that handset it cannot reconnect. If left for long enough it will reconnect.

I don’t believe this is an Endpoint Manager issue. If I factory reset the handsets they both cme back up without issue but one of them will not connect.

Regards

Dan

(Itzik) #2

Are you using a valid certificate?

Sorry thought I’d said that, yes I am it’s a Let’s Encrypt certificate.

(Itzik) #4

Assuming the LE cert is selected as the default and you restarted the PBX after installing… Then we’ll need some logs.

(Aaron) #5

Is transport type on the phone set to TLS? Is the right tls port being used? There is also an encryption setting but it sounds more like a port issue to me. Sounds like epm might be overriding something.

(Aaron) #6

If left for long enough it will reconnect…sounds like a nat timeout/nat issue/sip alg.

(system) closed #7

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.