SIP Providers UK & AUS

Can anyone recommend any good SIP providers in the UK and Australia that work well with FreePBX. I use Sipstation in the US but they don’t support international numbers. Preferably I would like to get a US based company that can support all my offices and international numbers. AVOXI seems like a good company that can do this. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Jae

Check out ClearlyIP, we have a presence in the US, UK and Australia.

Let me know if you want more info.

Thanks

Richard

1 Like

Thank you! Do they allow porting of existing numbers to their system in the UK and AUS? Are you happy with the service?

I sent you a PM, yes we can do porting but I am biased as I work for the company :slight_smile:

Smooth! Thank you for the full disclosure. I will contact you, I like that you guys were part of Schmooze and Sangoma.

I took a look at the ClearlyIP site and came away disappointed. Although they post a calling rate spreadsheet, there is no information about international origination, nor other details such as whether they support emergency calling (999/112 in UK; 000/112 in AU).

I have two A-Z trunks on my system, Voxbeam and AnveoDirect and am satisfied with both.

Voxbeam is a UK company (though they bill in US$) and IMO their Platinum (best) routes to AU and UK are excellent, with very aggressive rates (US$/min. with 1 second billing):

AU fixed: $0.008 to $0.0089, depending on location
AU mobile (H3G, Optus, Telstra, Vodafone): $0.0223 to $0.0231
UK fixed: $0.0023 to $0.005, depending on location
UK non-geo (+443): $0.0115
UK mobile (EE, H3G, Lycamobile, Orange, Telefonica, Vodafone): $0.0078 to $0.0079

Unfortunately, neither of their incoming plans are likely to meet your needs: One has DIDs hard-limited to two channels, with 10,000 minutes free then $0.01/min. overage. AU $4.00/mo.; UK $0.80/mo. I have one such UK number that AFAIK has never been down. The other plan has cheap numbers with expensive shared channels: AU $2.50/mo./number; UK $0.40/mo./number + $11.50/mo./channel (no charge for incoming calls). Also, there are no good failover options for a small system. And, no emergency calling, so you won’t be able to use them as your only provider.

AnveoDirect offers AU $1.75/mo.; UK $1.00/mo.; you pay $0.004 per incoming minute with no channel llimitation. They also offer per-channel pricing. Good failover options but no emergency calling. Outbound rates to AU and UK are good, but I’ve not used them enough to form an opinion.

Telnyx (I’m not a customer) offers numbers with emergency calling in many countries including AU and UK, at reasonable prices. However, incoming calls are a steep $0.02/min. You might consider them as a backup provider (but send them some regular traffic so you can be confident that an emergency call will work if you need it).

Hi Stewart

The reason you only saw US rates is that we direct people by country of origin at the moment so if I view from a UK IP (as I’m based in the UK) it automagically displays UK pricing and rates. 90% of the time most customers want just DIDs for specific countries rather than a provider that can provide actual breakout in each of those countries which is what we have tried to cater for. As it happens we have a presence in US, Canada, Australia and the UK at the moment.

Thanks for the feedback, always happy to discuss offline to clarify anything.

BR

Richard

Thanks for the info. Testing via a VPN, I was able to view the UK site. A few questions:

The US site states that a Call Path Subscription includes emergency calling, but the UK site makes no mention of emergency. Is 999/112 included?

The UK site says “Additional Metered Rates available starting at .135 pence per minute.” I believe that there is a mistake. 0.135p would be incredibly cheap and impossible to deliver at a profit. OTOH, £0.135 would be obscenely expensive and no customer would pay it. I’m pretty sure that you mean £0.0135.

Also, what is the metered rate for incoming calls (if a call comes in when your Call Paths are all in use)?

Thanks.

Thank you for the good info Stewart. I will have a look at your sudgestions.

Jae

Thanks posi I will check out VOIP.MS

@Stewart1

Yes that is a mistake I will get corrected it is 0.0135p. With UK trunks there is no inbound charge other than to Toll Free numbers and Yes we have 999/112 included as there is no cost in the UK for those calls and we have to have it by law.

Can you please explain the pricing model? I thought that each incoming or outgoing call in progress counts against the number of Call Path Subscriptions you have. When those are exhausted, each additional outbound call is billed at metered rates. What happens to additional incoming calls?

I’d spend about 8k a month with www.surevoip.co.uk. Highly recommended for your UK stuff, although they do offer international stuff too

Dang 8K a month!!! How many users do you have? My entire communication expense for the whole company is barely 20% of that. I will check them out though and see if it is a fit for us.

A lot! Haha. Our company is in the travel industry so we are phoning all sorts of oversea international numbers. We have around 600 inbound freephone DDIs. And, some of our suppliers are 084 or 09 numbers and hold times can easily be in excess of 45mins so it can get rather costly rather quickly.

I also actually co-locate some of my own hardware in their network at both their Edinburgh and London locations which they provide support to my team if required when I’m not around so that adds a wee too: https://www.surevoip.co.uk/about/our-network

My recommendation is CrazyTel for Australian owned and operated SIP trunk providers. Have a look at their WP thread for some coupon codes.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.