Single Call control toggle for multiple Time Conditions

I have multiple DIDs, each with their own Time Condition. But I would like to use a single call control code to re-route all the DIDs to a generic message - ie “we are closed right now”, and have an “Away BLF”.

I suspect this could only be done with custom dial plan, but wonder if anyone has any tricks to get it done in the gui.

Totalimpact,
Interesting question, i havent had this requirement before, but i like to participate in the creative brainstorm process.

I havent tried this yet, but heres my idea:

Create inbound routes

• inbound routes each go to a separate Call Flow
  • the call flow that the inbound points to looks like this
    Normal: custom time condition
    Override: Away IVR
  • the time conditon is programmed as
    If matches this time: go to queue
    If not go to away IVR
  • create a ring group
  • add each of the 3 call flow toggle speed dials to the ring group
  • set the ring group to ring all simultaneously
  • add the ring group as a speed dial “away” button (not sure how or if this could be made into a blf)

What you really should do is learn how this works though:

Both are ingenious solutions… I will try them both and report back.

Totalinpact
I rewrote my post to be more clear on what my idea was

This is what i changed:

Create inbound routes

• inbound routes each go to a separate Call Flow
  • the call flow that the inbound points to looks like this
    Normal: custom time condition
    Override: Away IVR
  • the time conditon is programmed as
    If matches this time: go to queue
    If not go to away IVR
    ( …)

Did you ever get this to work? I found the solution embedded in the advanced settings of the phone server. Let me know if you want a better solution.

Red, Curious to know what you found in advanced settings.

I thought i had found the solution using “Hook time conditions module” but it didn’t work for my instance.

Could you maybe set up a custom application that dials each time condition’s toggle, give it a feature code, and have the application do the rest?

Hook Time Conditions does exactly what you are looking for.

Confirmed Hook Time Conditions is the way to do it, I was able to use this setting to link a group of time conditions to all override with one call flow toggle dial code. Mine didn’t have any time schedule required so I created a Time Group called “Anytime” and made it from 00:00 to 23:59. I then created time conditions for all the different routes I needed, then linked them to one call flow toggle. So now when I ever want to switch all my routes at once, I just dial the single call flow toggle! Much better than how we used to have to dial 8 different call flow toggle codes every day and night!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.