Signing Keys For Self-Made Modules Using Module Generator

I was looking on the wiki at signing modules. I made a couple modules for myself that I’ll use, using the FreePBX Module Generator. I don’t have any plans to make it available beyond our use, but I of course keep getting the “unsigned module” emails when FreePBX checks for updates weekly.

Is signing modules and getting them signed only for if you want to distribute modules? Unless I’m reading too much / misreading, that’s how I’m taking it (looking specifically at this page: Requesting a Key to be Signed - FreePBX OpenSource Project - Documentation). If all I want to do is get rid of those messages internally, do I still need to go through that process? It just seems a little more official to me, that process.

Thanks!

Wow, I didn’t know this thread existed before. Take a look:

Any way to disable module signature checking for an individual module? - General Help - FreePBX Community Forums

1 Like

Thanks for the link! Man, that was a fun thread to look through! I think I got what I needed out of it, but I’ll wait some more time to see if the system is happy with the key I generated and using the devtools to sign my three created modules.

Well, I guess I spoke too soon. I’ll explore a little bit more, have some new messages now about invalid keys:

Is there something I might be missing? I did the “fwconsole ma refreshsignatures” command and this was in the output for my three modules:

Since it’s a module I created, there wouldn’t be a module, either signed or unsigned, on remote server, unless I’m misunderstanding what it’s meaning.

Odd. When I came back to work after the weekend, those two modules magically say they’re signed and no longer give warnings about invalid keys or not being able to find the signed module on remote server. I guess it just needed the break of the weekend like I did!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.