Shared voicemail inbox and phone apps visual voicemail

(Beire) #1

Hello,

I have a setup with a couple of extensions all sharing a single voicemail.
I have ext. 202 with voicemail enabled. The other extensions (eg. 208) have as mailbox 202@default.

This seems to work. I have a Sangoma S500, it shows my voicemail number and the light turns on.
However i want to use the visual voicemail of the rest app.

It however shows me that voicemail for extension 208 is not configured. When i enable 208’s voicemail, it shows the message i have no voicemails which is normal.
But how can i configure it to show ext. 202’s voicemail messages? All extensions have access to the phone apps.

I have searched a lot but am unable to find a solution. Thx.
I am running freepbx 13 updated to the latest version.

(Tony Lewis - https://bit.ly/2SbDAyc) #2

This is not possible. Phone Apps get permissions from User Manager and at this time it can only handle peissions for its primary device.

(Lorne Gaetz) #3

Open feature request you can watch here:
http://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-12158

(Beire) #4

Ok Thanks for clearing that up. Will have to use the dial in for the time being.

I need to do the same thing as Beire originally posted. Is it possible yet?

Thank you so much!

(Reinhard Stindl) #6

Depends on your phone…the Digium/Sangoma D-80, when configured using the Digium phone config module and the advanced DPMA method with xml-config-files can access mailboxes of other extensions with its built-in visual-voicemail app.

(Lorne Gaetz) #7

Yes, this is a feature now in the XML voicemail Phone App:

Thank you so much! This is good news.

So what I’m wanting to do is have a group of phones that share a virtual voicemail box and don’t have individual voicemail.

So I went to user 222 and as you showed above, I added the virtual voicemail box, 209, under Additional Voicemail Boxes. I also switched off extension 222’s individual voicemail box. After an EPM update and restart, I get “Voicemail is not enabled for extension 222”. Is there anything else that needs to be set to make this work? Is there a document you can point me to that explains the steps required for pointing a group of phones to use a virtual extension as their only voicemail (using the REST app)?

Thanks again so much for your time! I really appreciate your help!