I want to experiment with connecting an analog fax machine with my Asterisk system. I’m using FlowRouter as my SIP trunk provider and they proudly support T.38.
Here’s the setup as I understand it, would someone please verify?
- Order any standard ATA adapter (would someone please recommend one?)
- Configure the ATA (if that even needs to be done, I assume so)
- Create a new extension for the fax machine in Asterisk
- Install the Fax for Free module from Asterisk
- Configure a new inbound route & DID just for faxing (I prefer this over auto-detection)
- Point new inbound route to new fax extension
- Somewhere enable T.38 Pass-through?
Am I on the right track?