Setting up local backup

When setting up a local backup, can that be just a local file server that is within the same IP range or does it have to be something PBX related?

Currently have a Synology setup now that is not working via FTP protocol and trying to find another option.

Also is there anyway to delete files off FreePBX’s local storage that are very old?

Backup and Restore Module - PBX GUI - Documentation (freepbx.org)

Yes, this is just a Linux server, you can delete files as you see fit. You can set jobs, manually run, etc.

So what is the process of deleting files? Do I have to Putty into it and do it from there?

What files, backups? If backups, read the link above to see how to set a finite number of backups (auto-delete backups).

To delete files from the linux server, you could use PuTTY or winSCP to delete whatever files you want.

So how do I get to the backup folder location?

When I did a ls -lh I did not see any files that were listing any of my past backup files that are listed currently in there.

What version of FreePBX are you using?

In 15:
Backup will be saved to the path you given if the backup is successful and the backup will be saved to “/var/spool/asterisk/backup/backup_name/” folder if the backup fails.

For example if you are using you are setting your local backup path as “/home/backup” then your backup will be saved in “/home/backup” if your backup is successful without any errors.
And if your backup fails for some reason then the backup will be saved in “/var/spool/asterisk/backup/your_backup_name/”.

And to possible reduce @bcollins confusion, "__ASTSPOOLDIR__" translates to /var/spool/asterisk by default. And traditionally the backups where written to /var/spool/asterisk/backups/

1 Like

Thanks. Ive got it figured out now.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.