Setting DENOISE ON causes any inobund call fo fail - help needed

Hello Community!
I’m trying to activate Denoise function on inbound audio to an extension.

my extensions_custom.conf is as follows:

[from-internal-custom]
exten => _.,1,NoOp(Increase inbound volume to 2 - from-internal)
exten => _.,2,Set(VOLUME(RX)=2)
exten => _.,3,Set(DENOISE(rx)=on)

Note: if I comment DENOISE line it works perfectly.

The call drops always with the following error message in Asterisk logs:

Executing [s@macro-dialout-trunk:28] NoOp(“PJSIP/2222-00000006”, “Dial failed for some reason with DIALSTATUS = CHANUNAVAIL and HANGUPCAUSE = 127”)

Is there anybody who can help me? Any help will be very much appreciated.

thanks in advance.
Best,
Ernesto

Cause 127, unspecified -This cause indicates that there has been interworking with a network which does not provide causes for actions it takes. Thus, the precise cause for a message that is being sent cannot be ascertained.

You will need to talk with your ‘Trunk Provider’ for that

But also:-

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+10+Function_DENOISE

So are these Analog trunks , because denoising digital signals won’t get you far :wink:

It’s inappropriate to use an exten of _. in from-internal or from-internal-custom. Look at this post to see a supported way to add dialplan for this use case: Hooking for fun and income

1 Like

Hi Dicko,
Thanks for you reply.
I’m not using any trunk here. Both the caller and the callee are local extensions…
So are you telling me that DENOISE only works fro analog trunks? That’s the reason the call disconnects?
Is there any other function or module (even if commercial) that can be used to improve/clean inbound audio you know of?
Thanks a lot!

“Clean inbound audio” is doing a lot of work here. If you are SIP all the way through and are not using analog lines at your PBX what audio is there to clean outside of getting better microphone and headset?

‘bad’ audio on a digital signal will normally be caused by missing, delayed or out of order packets, It is not ‘noise’ per se though, so you need to direct your attention to correcting your network.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.