Set phone to not resync with pbx for configuration

We currently use some variety grandstream SIP phones such as the gxp2130. They’re provisioned using EPM. When setting the speed dial buttons on the phone the settings are erased within 24 hours. I think this is because the phone ReSyncs with the pbx to check for any new configurations and it overrides what was set manually on the phone.

Is there a way to set the phone to not ReSync with the server, such as customizing the ReSync time in the global settings of EPM? I’m just unsure if setting it to zero would either turn ReSync off or make the phone constantly look for it’s configuration.
I did see that in the grandstream basefile there is a setting:
# Check for new firmware/config file every () minutes
P193 = resync
However, even looking through grandstream documentation, I’ve not found what other value could go there.

I believe UCP for EPM would solve this issue in that the user could login and set their speed dial buttons accordingly, but it would be too much for most of our users to do this and it’s too many phones to customize myself through EPM.

Thank you for your help and time.

Kind regards,
penny01

Delete the MAC.cfg files in the TFTP directory.
Or don’t use EPM if you configure the phones locally.

This is not an issue with Mitel or Polycom phones I have tested. Must be a grandstram feature.

Thank you for the response @posi211. I think I may have found a solution and there may be two different ways to accomplish this. The first way is to increase the resync time in global settings under Endpoint Manager to a high enough number that the phones will not update unless either rebooted or a configuration is pushed manually. The second way may be to set the Automatic Upgrade feature to No on the gxp 2130’s (I’ll have to test this setting).

The phone’s speed dial settings will still disappear whenever the phone reboots, but I’ll have to work on that.