Separate Webserver from Asterisk Server

Hi,

I’m looking for a way to run apache and the web interface (php files) of freePBX on a diffrent machine than asterisk.

I’m running a machine as LAMP server and don’t want to have a second webserver in my network. For the database I have no problem to use the existing one. That already works fine.

Maybe it is also possible to use the existing webserver?

Thanks,
schogge

[quote=“schogge”]Hi,

I’m looking for a way to run apache and the web interface (php files) of freePBX on a diffrent machine than asterisk.

I’m running a machine as LAMP server and don’t want to have a second webserver in my network. For the database I have no problem to use the existing one. That already works fine.

Maybe it is also possible to use the existing webserver?

Thanks,
schogge[/quote]

Maybe NFS or SAMBA with appropriate write permissions? I think you’d struggle to have it ‘supported’ though…

That’s what I thought about. Maybe someone has information about it.

We’re slowly moving in this sort of direction. There is still a lot of legacy code that directly accesses asterisk and some .conf files from the web interface, but we do have plans to remove it and eventually make retrieve_conf be the single tunnel from the GUI to the .conf files.

If you want to help with this effort, that is great (do it against 2.3 though), but otherwise, just be patient and it should eventually be possible.

You didnt state your intent. I would envision a perfect scenario where you had a “management server” that held configurations, voice files, logs, user interfaces, etc, and “Modules” that were responsible for call handling, codec management, transcoding and such. One idea that I have been playing around with is that of a core system, with an IAX trunk that goes to a second system. one act more or less like a SIP proxy, while the other houses voicemail, etc…

I envision FreePBX running on it’s own Apache/MySQL server that updates Asterisk and transfers CDR/logs etc. via SSH. Of course it would be REAL nice if it could be doing this for multiple sites. Kinda like a small scale version of PBXTra/TB Pro.