Sending notification mail with callers number (for manual callback requests)

Hello,

with Freepbx is it basically possible to realize a (manual) callback service ?

My idea was that when the caller is pressing a specific key if he is within an IVR (for example “please press 1 if you want to get a manual callback by our agent when he is ready later”) and asterisk/freepbx should then send out an email with the callers number.

I thought of (as a workaround) creating a seperate voicemail extension for such a sort of callback where nothing will be recorded to the mailbox but when the voicemail notification email gets delivered the callers number will be in it and a clearly visible hint that he wants a callback.

I need to easily seperate between those sort of notification mails and normal voicemail notifications.

But i could not find a way to configure the mail body as of per-voicemail account.
But this was just my first idea - maybe there are better ways to realize it.

Btw: The callback module of Freepbx isn`t for my case cause I want my agents to call back (dial) the caller manually later when they have time by getting only his number by mail.

Thank you !

I’d set up a feature (Misc-Dest maybe?) as a custom context. Pull the information and send out a “special” email. I’d use the mail stuff from the voicemail context as a start.

Hi Dave,

yep that sounds very nice as solution.

I`ve found that portion of context for using it as custom dest for example:

[send-email]
exten => s,1,NoOp(Entering user defined context  [send-email] in extensions_custom.conf)
exten => s,n,System(echo 'Call from ${CALLERID(name)} at  ${CALLERID(number)}' | mail -s 'SUBJECT' '[email protected]')
exten => s,n,hangup()

In my system I have configured an external smtp host for sending mails through the SysAdmin pro module.
Does the “mail” command above use that config or do I have to specify it again via param ?

Thank you !

I’d think that should work. Now all you have to do is connect your IVR (for example) to the custom context and you should be on your way.

Hello,

yep did it :smiley:

Used custom destinations and announcments and IVR for that, great. Thank you !

By altering the final line from hangup to:

exten => s,n,Return()

You can return back to the GUI call flow and send the caller to an Announcement after the Custom Dest to inform them they will be called back.

1 Like