Send queue calls directly to fail-over destination if no agents logged in?

Hi Folks,

When I have no agents logged into to take calls in a queue, is there a way to skip the join announcement and go directly to the fail-over destination? I don’t want callers to hear “Your call is very important to us” and then immediately go to the voicemail “sorry, the help desk is closed right now”.

Thanks!

I assume you’ve tried the join announcement options ‘no free agents’ and ‘no ready agents’. Too lazy to test, do they not do what you’re looking for?

Yep, it plays the announcement either way. This is with no static agents, and all dynamic agents logged out of the queue.

Sounds to me like you’re trying to solve the wrong problem.

You’ve implemented Time-Groups and Time-Conditions already, right?

What about the various ‘join empty’ options?

Dave: We’re not always on a set schedule, and give end user the ability to override time conditions would be messy.

Lorne: I have Join Empty set to Strict, but when no agents are logged in it still plays back the join announcement. Is it supposed to still play the join announcement if callers are rejected from the queue before they join? Currently callers hear the join announcement and then are immediately bounced to the failover dest (in this case, a VM box).

1 Like

Did you solve it somehow?
I need the same for capacity, I think maybe holds another queue without join announcement before the real queue and set the limits there, but it looks dirty hack.

did you solve it? i am looking for the same…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.