Selective voicemail to email?

Running 10.13.66-13, Asterisk 13, freepbx distro.

When I leave a voicemail for a certain extension after calling from external, the message is recorded normally and an email is sent per the voicemail to email settings I have configured.

However, when a different person from internal calls, they leave a voicemail as normal, and the email is not sent. Doesn’t look like it even attempts to send it from the looks of ‘maillog’ (there are only entries with successes, no errors or failures, and just no mention of this voicemail). The ‘full’ log shows the voicemail recordings being played, the person leaving the voicemail and it’s length, messages about writing to disk, looks good. The voicemail file is in the /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/xxx/INBOX folder with associated msgxxxx.txt. It just doesn’t send out.

I can’t explain it, and I don’t like this behavior. Any ideas?

The behavior doesn’t seem well known, or I’d imagine someone would have responded. Can we spitball some ideas, perhaps?

Does this system piggy back on iNotify, and that’s broken? Could this be context related, like ‘from-internal’ versus ‘from-trunk’ or something like that? Are there any log entries I could submit that might prove useful? So far I haven’t found any errors related to this, just successes for other voicemails, successes writing voicemails to disk, but maybe I’m not looking in the right place (/var/log/messages; /var/log/asterisk/full, /var/log/maillog). Is there some sort of logging I could turn on that could possibly track this?

My best advice would be to follow the contexts and see what the differences are. The process of leaving an email should be the same regardless of source, so a repeatable action is the expect result. Having it send an e-mail in the same context as “not” sending an e-mail sounds counterintuitive.