Schedule Restart of All Phones, Regardless of Device Type

Hello,

I have noticed there are scripts written for Polycom phones, etc that tell each extension to run sip notify check-sync extnumb.

I have a different desire. I would like a way to schedule every phone, regardless of make and model to restart at a given time each night, or week, etc. Through the Endpoint Manager, this is possible. My question is, how can I write a bash script that will do this same thing to automate the process?

Does the Endpoint Manager run a SQL query that then discovers the device type, and then the respective NOTIFY message needed for that manufacturer to restart? I tried doing the following:

“asterisk -rx ‘sip notify cisco-check-cfg 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 … 199’”

However, the above ‘cisco-check-cfg’ command does not work for Yealink phones, and some others. So, is there a way to do this through SQL queries, or can I write a custom notify event in sip_notify_custom.conf that can be “one command to rule them all” to restart every phone?

Thanks,

Jon

There is no one command to do them all. Asterisk wont accept it. Sorry. You must do it for each phone.