SangomeVG-root full, FreePBX doesn't start

Hi all,

I’m new at this topic. Please forgive me my lack of knowledge. But I don’t know how to proceed.
I have installed FreePBX in a Linux CT under Proxmox.
2 Cores Processeor, 4 GB Memory, 10GB Disk

After the system ran for a few days, it completely ran full memory-
After some investigation I found that dev/mapper/SangomaVG-root is 100% full

Before starting to investigate the reason behind that I need to get FreePBX running again. Therefore I need to clean up the partition or extend it. I tried it with extension of the disk via Proxmox GUI. But I don’t know how to put this directly to the partition.

Can someone help me out?

10 GB is pretty small. You can run

du -ch / --max-depth=1

to get an idea of which folder is taking up all of your data. Go into the folder with the most data, for example /var/, then run the same command until you get a good idea of what is happening.

Yes, that a typical issue. Originally I had 16G mSata storage which ran 75% full after 2 year (mainly because of updates).
My solution: Take out the hard-drive, clone it to a larger hard-drive - I’m using clonezilla with expert fuction -e2 to increase to the new larger size proportionally - increase logical volume, physical volume and put the new drive back to your pbx. Should start again.
That’s not necessary, as long as the system is starting up. Can you login via SSH? Than you may simply add some additional hard-drive-memory and add it to your logical volume.

I can start the ct and access the console. But I don’t know how to put the additional disk space to SangomaVG-root.
Can you help me out with the right linux commands?

First of all check where you are:

• PBX hardware on premise?
  • PBX software/hardware virtual?
  • PBX as a cloud solution?
    if on premise: Is a sangoma hardware (PBX-act) or non-sangoma? I will not answer for PBX-act things. There should be a professional solution by sangoma service outside of this forum.
    For other hardware please check the size of your hard-drive, whether or not there is space available with
    df -ahl and blkid or fdisk -l, or simply open your PC and have a look on the drive physically.
    I subsume, you are running a freePBX distribution. Than your filesystem is running on LVM2 where typically Sangoma-root LV is available, as you mentioned above.
    Before you try to clone your harddrive, you may try to add another physical volume, but keep care for every keyboard hit!
    fdisk -l shows available partitions
    fdisk with no parameter creates an additional new partition with “n”, “p” for primary than you may use the defaults. Finally you my type “w” to write your changes to the hard drive. Or if available use cfdisk-tool.
    Next create a PV (physical volume) for the lvm and have a look to google or where else with key-words “lvm2” and “centos”. So that you aware of commands like pvs, lvs, pvdisplay, vgextend, lvextent, partprobe and so on. Don’t mind, there are not to many commands you should know.
    However, I would always recommend to clone the harddrive first and work on the new copy for such things. You can not expect making no mistakes if you do such things the first time.
    Finally the command parameter “resizefs” does not work. Use instead: xfs_growfs /dev/mapper/SangomaVG-root
    See e.g. at Resize LVM - How To Increase An LVM Partition - LookLinux
    And again: clone first, even a pbx-backup will not be enough without additional work to newly install the os and the basic system once you crashed your filesystem.

Ohhh, I’ve seen it late. you are virualized under proxmox. So you should shutdown your virtual machine and increase the disk space to min 32G first. Otherwise you can not increase anything, since nothing more than 10G is available. I’m not the professional for virtualisations. But mayby after increasing the diskspace for the virtual machine, thing may go easier without the need for fdisk.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.