Sangoma SBC switching itself off

For some reason my Sangoma SBC is shutting itself down every day or two. It has been working ok for the last week or two, but its a new installation so we don’t have that much experience with it.

Any clues as to where I can start looking in the logs to find out why its turning itself off?

The obvious first place to check is power. You can check the logs and see if there is a notification about a controlled shutdown and if there isn’t, the problem could be external.

Another possibility is to look in the /var/log/messages file and see if there’s anything in there about the system shutting down for heat or other factors unrelated to FreePBX/Asterisk.

Thanks Dave. Had a good look around, and nothing obvious in the logs. We don’t think it is power related, but I might get a small UPS just to be sure.

I upgraded to the latest software yesterday (2.3.30-134) and the release notes did mention something about issues while deallocating event lock (I wonder what ‘issues’ are?!) and ptime change of 50ms causing session lock.

Fingers crossed, it might get resolved with the software upgrade. I’ll keep you posted.

Well, so far so good. It’s been very well behaved since I upgraded the software to 2.3.30-134 5 days ago, so I’m cautiously optimistic that’s fixed the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.