FreePBX | Register | Issues | Wiki | Portal | Support

Sangoma S505 Phone - When making a call the sound skips during dialing and ringing

(Charlie Karam) #1

PBX Firmware 12.7.6-1904-1.sng7
Sangoma phone S505
Vega 3000G and Vega 60G

When making internal or external calls from any Sangoma phone extension the sound during ringing will have a skip at an approximate 1 second interval. The extension being rung does not exhibit the issue. Polycom 6000 SIP conference phones do not exhibit the issue. Analog extensions on Vega gateways do not exhibit this problem. When the call is picked up the audio on both ends is fine. No call quality complaints other than low audio level. Just when initiating a call.

Correction - the issue seems to be only the S505 phone. S400 and S405 do not exhibit the issue.
The skip in the audio happens when the screen updates during the call initiation.

(Itzik) #2

Is the s505 on the latest firmware?

(Charlie Karam) #3

1.54 bundle in endpoint manager version 2.0.4.63 phone says 3.0.4.63.
I already have a ticket open for the S505 for low speaker phone audio and low audio outbound.

(Brian Ladd) #4

I think this is a lag issue with the cute little animations on the screen…we’re seeing similar lag/skip/jitter on audio until the call connects, which is also when the animation stops.

(Charlie Karam) #5

Our users are complaining about this as it makes the phones sound unstable and cheap

(Jeremy Gault) #6

I am running into the same problem, at least on my S705. I’m evaluating these phones again (after a bad experience the first time around) to potentially sell to customers, and this is one of the issues that’s preventing me from green-lighting it. The animation seems to be causing the audio to drop, and I can’t figure out how to turn off the animation (which isn’t really necessary for call setup anyway.)

Once the call enters an answered state, the problem goes away (even with the call timer updating), but I’m afraid we’ll have users lodging tickets about the issue thinking the problem is with our service, etc. Other brands of phones don’t do this, so I’d expect Sangoma not to either.

FWIW, I did try to open a bug report on the phone, and my bug report promptly disappeared (clicking the link given to me said I either did not have permission or it had been deleted.) I suspicion I may have been banned from opening phone bug reports though. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Brian Ladd) #7

Since there’s been no more action/feedback from Sangoma in this thread, I’ve opened a support ticket on one of my S505’s. I’ll let you know what I hear back.

(Charlie Karam) #8

I received a new firmware update to solve another ticket for low volume. This resolved some of the low volume complaints but did not fix this audio skip issue on call initiation.