Sangoma phones and REST apps - unlicensed / failed to load XML

Hello,

I have about 30 Sangoma S505s to use with FreePBX. I’ve got all the phones claimed, set up the users and extension mapping, networking is ready, etc. The phones are booting up, getting the HTTP provisioning URL from DHCP option 66, pulling configs and coming up with the appropriate accounts. I can make calls between the phones and even in and out of SIPStation without any problems. The only issue I have now is that the phones keep giving me a “Failed to load XML file!” when trying to use any of the keys for features such as Call Forward, DND, etc.

When I go to the phone GUI and look at the key config for DND, for example, the URL it is set to: mypbx…/applications.php/donotdisturb/main?token=9d5b6bc1-4219-4d6c-932c-1d0bf43937da&user=116

When I copy that URL into my browser, I get a response:
{“application_name”:null,“application_display”:null,“page_name”:“main”,“type”:“display”,“exitPath”:null,“layout”:[],“action”:[],“error”:[{“reason”:400,“display”:“Phone Apps module not licensed.”}]}

I thought that the Sangoma phones were supposed to work without having to purchase the extra licensing? Am I doing something wrong? I went into this particular users options and forced the Phone Apps on. I am at a loss, but hoping I can fix this somehow to avoid completely starting from scratch.

FreePBX info:
PBX Version:15.0.16.81
PBX Distro:12.7.8-2011-5.sng7
Asterisk Version:16.13.0

You don’t need a paid license to use S phones with EPM. The browser test is not definitive, as the browser does not have a matching user agent for the phone. Easiest path forward is to open a support ticket:
https://wiki.sangoma.com/display/FPAS/How+To+Open+A+Support+Ticket

Will there be any costs involved?? Thanks for your quick reply. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.