Sangoma Phone - PJSIP Registration Issue

After working out the PJSIP issue last week with no Audio, we installed the remote site which is only 2 phones. They are 2nd phones on the same extension.

On Friday last week we installed them and everything worked. They came in this morning and the 1 phone was not registered. The other is and works just fine. Nothing was changed over the weekend that I am aware of. I am able to reset the phone and it pulls the config from the server and re-loads itself. Everything appears on the phone and the apps work. However its not registering. I dont see anything being blocked in the firewall. I turned off the firewall on the PBX to see if it was acting up maybe.

I can see this when running a sip debug

[2017-07-10 10:34:54] NOTICE[6916]: res_pjsip_exten_state.c:358 new_subscribe: Extension state subscription failed: Extension 99244353-2 does not exist in context ‘from-internal’ or has no associated hint
[2017-07-10 10:34:54] NOTICE[6916]: res_pjsip_exten_state.c:358 new_subscribe: Extension state subscription failed: Extension 99213
4353-2 does not exist in context ‘from-internal’ or has no associated hint

So it looks like it is trying to do something. The extension is correct and this is the 2nd extension at the remote site.

Any idea’s?

EDIT: As I was hitting enter I refreshed the screen and now its registered after turning off the firewall. It just took a couple minutes. This is now the 2nd time I have seen this but this time it was only 1 phone not all of them. After disabling the firewall it registers, then I can re-enable it.

Subscriptions are for BLFs and have nothing to do with registrations.

Using REST Phone Apps without white listing IPs in System Admin, Intrusion Detection can cause this, are you seeing the phone IP listed as banned there?

When I installed the phones on Friday that DID happen. I had to whitelist the IP. What I did was disable the firewall. Let it sit and then it registered. After it registered, I re-enabled it again. Its staying connected.

The entries you are seeing with the sip debug are the result of a bug in EPM that only shows itself when using PJSIP (they will not be related to any registration issues).

https://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-14218

Some of the Phone Apps need to update the LEDs on the line keys. Some do not. EPM is incorrectly assigning a hint to the Phone Apps that don’t have/need LED updates that you have assigned to your phone. Asterisk knows nothing about those hints and is letting you know. This error doesn’t seem to exist in CHAN_SIP and so doesn’t appear if you aren’t using PJSIP even though the issue still exists. I have been told that those errors can be safely ignored.

Note that this issue may take some time to fix as the team have deemed this to be an Improvement rather than a Bug. It seems to be clearly a bug to me so I’m not sure how they came to that conclusion.