Sangoma Phone Desktop: RTAPI Error "invalid parameter passed to getTargetId"

Hello everybody,
we are currently trying out Sangoma Connect (we are basically only interested to replace our current Softphone on Windows with Sangoma Phone Desktop) with the free two user license, but are having some issues getting it to work.

The login from the App works without issues, but we cant do anything after that. We get an Error window that blocks the Softphone.

The same error Message seems to appear in the rtapi.log on our FreePBX.

2023-10-12T04:47:39.945Z Error: invalid parameter passed to getTargetId
    at _0x26344c (/var/www/html/admin/modules/sangomartapi/node/kickstart.js:1:519217)
    at (<anonymous>)
    at _0x1d7c4f.(anonymous function) [as subscribe] (/var/www/html/admin/modules/sangomartapi/node/kickstart.js:1:513988)
    at executeFn (/var/www/html/admin/modules/sangomartapi/node/kickstart.js:1:271280)
    at bound (domain.js:301:14)
    at runBound (domain.js:314:12)
    at runCallback (timers.js:810:20)
From previous event:
    at _0x217360 (/var/www/html/admin/modules/sangomartapi/node/kickstart.js:1:490619)
    at _0x1805e9.(anonymous function).execute (/var/www/html/admin/modules/sangomartapi/node/kickstart.js:1:490116)
    at _0x54c9c6._0x5d4b90.(anonymous function) [as execute] (/var/www/html/admin/modules/sangomartapi/node/kickstart.js:1:284613)
    at EventEmitter.<anonymous> (/var/www/html/admin/modules/sangomartapi/node/kickstart.js:1:148317)
    at emitTwo (events.js:126:13)
    at EventEmitter.emit (events.js:214:7)
    at WebSocket.<anonymous> (/var/www/html/admin/modules/sangomartapi/node/kickstart.js:1:245475)
    at emitOne (events.js:116:13)
    at WebSocket.emit (events.js:211:7)
    at Receiver.receiverOnMessage (/var/www/html/admin/modules/sangomartapi/node/node_modules/ws/lib/websocket.js:834:20)
    at emitOne (events.js:116:13)
    at Receiver.emit (events.js:211:7)
    at Receiver.dataMessage (/var/www/html/admin/modules/sangomartapi/node/node_modules/ws/lib/receiver.js:437:14)
    at Receiver.getData (/var/www/html/admin/modules/sangomartapi/node/node_modules/ws/lib/receiver.js:367:17)
    at Receiver.startLoop (/var/www/html/admin/modules/sangomartapi/node/node_modules/ws/lib/receiver.js:143:22)
    at Receiver._write (/var/www/html/admin/modules/sangomartapi/node/node_modules/ws/lib/receiver.js:78:10)
    at doWrite (_stream_writable.js:396:12)
    at writeOrBuffer (_stream_writable.js:382:5)
    at Receiver.Writable.write (_stream_writable.js:290:11)

We are running Sangoma Phone Desktop 4.0.2 (I also tried a 3.9.X version and got the same Error) and FreePBX with Asterisk 16.30.0 on the FreePBX Distro. Everything on the PBX is fully upgraded:

# fwconsole ma upgradeall
No repos specified, using: [standard,extended,commercial] from last GUI settings

Up to date.
Updating Hooks...Fertig

Any ideas what could be happening here? Tried to google, but I can’t find anything for this specific error.
Thanks in advance.

Greetings from Germany,

Maybe the getTargetID errror are only symptoms of this Error:

"Error: The following error occurred while making the dphoneApi request:Error: Invalid status code 500. Please make sure  sangomartapi, restapps, sysadmin modules are enabled and up to date. If the issue still persists then just run 'fwconsole restart' from the PBX CLI."

I just noticed this. I will try to restart again and see if that makes a difference at all.

Restart made no difference at all.

Ok, so in case someone finds this through the search. In my case

fwconsole ma downloadinstall restapps

helped. Apparently there was something wrong with my restapps Module

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.