Sangoma phone desktop BLF?

Can the desktop client monitor BLF’s for feature codes? Specifically I have 280 as a feature code for a Call Flow Control that i’d like to be able to monitor if the main receptionist sets/unsets. We can do this with our yealink phones, and i’ve gotten it working with some other soft phones, but when i add a contact in the app it doesn’t let me put a "" in the number field.

If i go into the UCP and edit/set my favorites for my various feature codes, with the “*” in front of them, they import into the Sangoma Phone softphone for windows on reload. But if I try to add the number through the softphone app itself, it only acepts numerical values. It does not accept a “+” either which could be an issue for e.164 dialing? I still don’t get blf status for the feature codes though.

Through the mobile sangoma Talk softphone on android, i can use non-numeric characters and I get a blf status for my features codes.

So unless i’m missing something, it looks like the desktop client is lacking in some functionality.

I can confirm, that adding a contact to the desktop favorites list that is not an extension but does have an associated hint, the BLF status doesn’t change. I’ve escalated to engineering to investigate.

2 Likes

Great, thanks, just to set expectations so I can determine how much effort to put in a workaround, how long do you think it’ll take to get a patch?

@lgaetz Just following up on that last question. Just to set expectations so I can determine how much effort to put in a workaround, how long do you think it’ll take to get a resolution?

It’s not an immediate engineering priority, so I don’t have an ETA to share. Right now, only local contacts have a BLF subscription, and there’s no way to have a feature code be a local contact.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.