Sangoma PBXact 100 - not booting - run fsck Manually

I am having an issue with a new PBXact 100 - not booting – /dev/sda2: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY. (i.e. , without -a or -p options) , trying commands like fsck /dev/sda2 while it requires but no result just hangs on nothing happens, even if you try restarting many times same result, does anybody manged to solve this issue ?

Have you opened a ticket with Sangoma. They should be able to provide support for their device.

Create a centos bootable USB and booty from there to recover your pbxact installation

I will do it, if not possible solving it by by using someone’s else in the community experience

I just wanted to inform you that I managed to solve the issue, by creating the USB bootable disk (CentOS7 minimal iso) and booted from usb then
choose Troubleshooting - Rescue Linux, then choose Option 1 - so rescue environment mounted on /mnt/sysimage and then wrote commands:
#fsck.ext4 -y -v /dev/sda2 – result : /dev/sda2 is in use, Cannot continue, aborting
or was telling other time
#fsck.ext4 -y -v /dev/sda2 – result: /dev/sda2 is mounted
then I run this command: # umount -l /dev/sda2 and # fuser -k /dev/sda2
and again
#fsck.ext4 -y -v /dev/sda2 which resulted with success showing some messages like : /dev/sda2: XY files, 4226/4333 clusters … and OK β€” system booted without problems.
Now when checking with fdisk -l and vim /etc/fstab it’s showing normal situation and values.

Thank you for the help guys.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.