Sangoma drivers installed in the wrong directory on the 1.817.210.62-x86_64 iso

Installed via: FreePBX-1.817.210.62-x86_64-Full-1351616822.iso
Distro version: 1.818.210.62-2 64-bit

The sangoma drivers are installed in the wrong folder. Which, prevents loading the drivers or configuring the card.

wanrouter hwprobe

wanrouter: Wanpipe Module: /lib/modules/2.6.32-220.13.1.el6.x86_64/kernel/drivers/net/wan/sdladrv not found !!!
WANPIPE drivers must be compiled as modules
Check kernel configuration in /usr/src/linux/.config:
CONFIG_WAN_ROUTER=m
CONFIG_VENDOR_SANGOMA=m

ls /lib/modules/

2.6.32-220.13.1.el6 2.6.32-220.13.1.el6.x86_64

The sangoma kernel modules are being installed into the 2.6.32-220.13.1.el6 module directory. While the running kernel is 2.6.32-220.13.1.el6.x86_64 and references its module directory.

After running the following commands the card functions properly.

cp -R /lib/modules/2.6.32-220.13.1.el6/* /lib/modules/2.6.32-220.13.1.el6.x86_64/

depmod -a

wanrouter hwprobe

Wanpipe Hardware Probe Info

1 . AFT-A101-SH : SLOT=4 : BUS=9 : IRQ=15 : CPU=A : PORT=1 : HWEC=32 : V=39

Sangoma Card Count: A101-2=1

Great catch, please put in bug report for the developers:

http://www.freepbx.org/trac/newticket

Did you log this as a bug? I have just installed FreePBX-2.210.62-5-x86_64-Full-1359059426 and yum install wanpipe*
/usr/lib/yum-plugins/kmod.py:25: DeprecationWarning: the sets module is deprecated
from sets import Set, ImmutableSet
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, kmod
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
Setting up Install Process
Package wanpipe-3.5.28.6-kernel.2.6.32.220.13.1.el6.dahdi.2.6.1.rel.17.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Nothing to do

which could be ok apart from the Deprecation Warning but then running sangoma-setup script fails to find any sangoma card installed.
########################################################################

Sangoma Wanpipe

Dahdi/Zaptel/SMG/TDMAPI/BOOT Configuration Script

v2.39

Sangoma Technologies Inc.

Copyright© 2009.

########################################################################

Generating configuration files for Trixbox
FATAL: Module wanpipe not found.

Configuring T1/E1 cards [A101/A102/A104/A108/A116/T116]

No Sangoma ISDN T1/E1 cards detected

Press any key to continue: wan

Configuring ISDN BRI cards [A500/B500/B700]

No Sangoma ISDN BRI cards detected

Press any key to continue:

Configuring GSM cards [W400]

No Sangoma GSM cards detected

Press any key to continue:

Configuring analog cards [A200/A400/B600/B610/B700/B800]

Configuring USB devices [U100]

###################################################################

SUMMARY

###################################################################

No Sangoma voice compatible cards found/configured

I know the card is there and installed as lspci returns
03:04.0 Network controller: Sangoma Technologies Corp. A200/Remora FXO/FXS Analog AFT card
which is the wrong card as I have a A101DE in the system but I checked another working system with an A101 in and it also reports an A200 so I guess this isn’t important. Either way, setup-sangoma doesn’t find any cards.

The issue for me is that I have installed wanpipe drivers from source before when I used PBXiaF distro without any issues but since FreePBX distro comes with wanpipe installed, I don’t know how this would work.

If this is a bug, at least can you post the link as I had a quick look and I can’t see one relating to this issue.

I did open a ticket on it. I believe it has been resolved.

Try running the following command:

depmod -a

Then reboot the system. When the system comes back up, run the following command:

wanrouter hwprobe

It should show the correct card now.

having re-read and looked at the fix japple suggests, i dont think my issue is related. I will start a new thread.

Did you get your card working. If setup-sangoma does not show the card then that to me sounds like a bad card or something at the PCI port. I know lspci shows it.

ok running “depmod -a” does the trick. Thanks japple. And then yes wanrouter hwprobe reports the correct card. This then in turn allows setup-sangoma script to run correctly. Is this a bug? Should depmod -a be run automatically by the setup-sangoma script? I know the card is OK Tony as I had this problem once already but I was on a tight schedule to install the system, so just used an older version of the distro I had lying about, which worked without any issues.

I have noticed that in recent versions that there are other problems with the setup-sangoma script. I dont know if this is freepbx issue or a sangoma / wanpipe driver one as I think the script is written by sangoma.
The following errors occur while running the script:
error executing amportal stop

Unloading Dahdi modules…
FATAL: Module dahdi is in use.
Error executing command:
modprobe -r dahdi

SETTING FILE PERMISSIONS
chmod: cannot operate on dangling symlink `/var/lib/asterisk/bin/fax-process.pl’
Permissions OK

error executing amportal stop
all these bring up a continue yes or no prompt, so you can just choose yes to continue running the script and everything seems to work ok if you do. So its not a show stopper but I think it needs to be fixed.

Following this FreePBX Wiki on installng Sangoma cards and the “yum install wanpipe*” command installed into a new directory: /lib/mdoules/2.6.32-358.0.1.el6. The correct directory should be 2.6.32-358.0.1.el6.i686. Note missing “.i686”

During the yum install, it indicated that it was downloading from the i686 archive.

The version I’m running is FreePBX-4.211.64-2-i386-Full-1366657721 iso. Strangely, I have two servers that I’ve cloned the hard-drive and stopped at the intitialization setup. Earlier this week, I ran a yum install on the first server and it worked perfectly. When I went to repeat the yum install on the second one, a couple of days later, it failed.

cp -R /lib/modules/2.6.32-358.0.1.el6/* /lib/modules/2.6.32-358.0.1.el6.i686

then “depmod -a”

and a “wanrouter hwprobe” shows the card.

try a yum clean all. We published new RPMs a few weeks ago for this.