Sangoma Distro 64bit 20008 - Cannot Save Storage configuration

Hi,
I’m trying to load Distro STABLE SNG7-PBX-64bit-2008-1.
In the anaconda configuration screen I get the message “Cannot Save Storage Configuration” in the storage config section.
I get the same issue with SNG7-PBX-64bit-1904, however I CAN successfully install Centos 7 using the same anaconda installer just fine using the automatically selected settings, and it runs perfectly.

I’m trying to install on a INTEL Z83 mini SBC with 64GB of storage and 8GB ram.

Any help would be appreciated.

For some strange reason, the system checks for a minimum of 64 GiB storage, so 64 GB is not quite enough. Of course, it will run with much less; partition manually and you’ll be fine.

Hi @Stewart1

Thanks for the info. I'm an OK Linux user, but not much into the nuts and bolts of this kind of distro installation process. Do you know if there is some configuration file I can "tweak" to lower the 64G limit?

Otherwise, there are a lot of options associated with the manual partitioning. Can you recommend a configuration of my 64G drive for SWAP /BOOT / with types etc?

I’ve only done one system on a board like this. I assigned 400 MB for /boot, 200 MB for /boot/efi and the rest (~ 56 GiB) for / (main file system). This is a very small system (~20 extensions, has never exceeded 4 concurrent calls) so I did not assign any swap as I was concerned about write endurance. If you feel that you need swap, perhaps assign ~4 GB.

Here is the partition table as shown by fdisk:

#         Start          End    Size  Type            Name
 1         2048       411647    200M  EFI System      EFI System Partition
 2       411648       821247    200M  Microsoft basic
 3       821248      1640447    400M  Microsoft basic
 4      1640448    121186303     57G  Linux LVM

Hi @Stewart1,

Some success, some issues.

I set up the manual partititioning, and the installation proceeds to conclusion, reportedly successfully.

When I reboot, I get a boot loop. The computer restarts, and displays:

System BootOrder not found. Initializing defaults.
Creating boot entry "Boot0002" with label "CentOS Linux" for line "\EFI\centos\shimx64.efi"

restarts . . . rinse and repeat.

If I interrupt the loop by pushing F7 to enter the BIOS Boot selection page, I see a Sangoma entry and a Centos Linux entry. If I manually select and boot the Centos Linux entry, I boot into the FreePBX Distro and all look fine.

Obviously I can't leave it like that because if there is a power failure, the thing won't restart properly.

I'm not sure what is happening

Sorry, I have no idea what’s wrong. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable about Linux boot can answer.

Possibly, running grub2-set-default will fix it, or give a clue to the trouble. In case it makes the system completely unbootable, save a copy of /boot/grub2/grub.cfg, which you could restore with the aid of rescue media.

I don’t know whether this applies to the Z83, but my small system wouldn’t boot without a monitor connected. I was unable to solve it with EFI settings and ended up buying these:

Thanks @Stewart1

I turns out that the setup was starting a partition called "ANDROID". I have no idea where that came from??!! I managed to mess with the UEFI settings to get the correct volume to boot on power up.

Thanks for tip re: HDMI. Yes The little box won't boot without a display plugged in so I've ordered one of the dummy plugs you suggested.

Thanks again for the assistance

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.