Sangoma 7 upgrade script failing

OK, I removed the nodejs-docs package and it’s doing something different now…

I looked into post_sngupdate and the last line there for now is

yum -y shell /tmp/upgrade_transaction.yum

It has been there for a while now, I would say more than 30 minutes but maybe that’s normal for such an old computer…

I am working on another PC right now and continuously pinging it to see if it comes up but I will go see later if something else got added to the log…

Have a nice day!

Nick

Yes it will take a very long time at the end of the process while it renames and checks everything. @xrobau can give more details

Unfortunately there was a power failure and it restarted at one of the earlier steps…

Before that happened I did notice that the script had went much further…

If this works then maybe the problem is broken dependencies but what is weird is that what works for someone might not work for someone else (like for mongodb).

I tried –skip-broken but simply has an argument to a normal yum upgrade which is, obviously, not how the upgrade script calls yum so maybe –skip-broken might work if it was added to the upgrade script…

I saw no errors in the logs so it looks like what had run/is running doesn’t need network connectivity. Hopefully once everything has completed maybe it will be restored…

It looks like I won’t know if it has worked until tomorrow as it is now time for me to go to sleep and it has not completed yet…

I will keep you posted about the outcome…

Thank you and have a nice day!

Nick

Hi Andrew!

That box makes a good test system but it’s underpowered by today’s standard so I will only know tomorrow if things worked…

I will try to take a look at it before I leave for work…

Thank you and have a nice day!

Nick

The good news is repeating things, doesn’t seem to make a difference. I just tried upgrading the same machine again and it did the same thing. So at least it is a repeatable experiment…

Hello Bryan

I have had the same issue with Idkeen and Marbled EXACTLY. I did “yum remove nodejs-docs” and “yum update --skip-broken” and it progressed. However when it stopped and i log in I get:
PHP Fatal error: Incompatible file format: The encoded file has format major ID 4, whereas the Loader expects 7 in /var/www/html/admin/modules/sysadmin/agi-bin/LoadLicenseIfExists.php on line 0
Whoops\Exception\ErrorException: Incompatible file format: The encoded file has format major ID 4, whereas the Loader expects 7 in file /var/www/html/admin/modules/sysadmin/agi-bin/LoadLicenseIfExists.php on line 0
Stack trace:

1. () /var/www/html/admin/modules/sysadmin/agi-bin/LoadLicenseIfExists.php:0

I have tried to do “yum clean metadata” and then “yum update” in case it didn’t complete and i get:
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, kmod, versionlock
sng-base | 3.6 kB 00:00:00
sng-epel | 4.3 kB 00:00:00
sng-extras | 3.4 kB 00:00:00
sng-pkgs | 3.4 kB 00:00:00
sng-updates | 3.4 kB 00:00:00
(1/8): sng-base/7/x86_64/group_gz | 155 kB 00:00:00
(2/8): sng-epel/7/x86_64/group_gz | 170 kB 00:00:00
(3/8): sng-extras/7/x86_64/primary_db | 190 kB 00:00:01
(4/8): sng-epel/7/x86_64/updateinfo | 794 kB 00:00:03
(5/8): sng-pkgs/7/x86_64/primary_db | 419 kB 00:00:02
(6/8): sng-base/7/x86_64/primary_db | 5.6 MB 00:00:04
(7/8): sng-epel/7/x86_64/primary_db | 4.8 MB 00:00:05
(8/8): sng-updates/7/x86_64/primary_db | 7.7 MB 00:00:11
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
No packages marked for update

None of the fwconsole commands is working
Any ideas?
Thank you in advance

Hi!

It did not switch to the right version of PHP…

re:

https://zend18.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/217545597--Incompatible-file-format-PHP-Fatal-Error-With-Encoded-Files

Good luck and have a nice day!

Nick

It failed… :disappointed:

What I had on the screen was essentially what I had here:

and in the logs the last line I had was

yum -y upgrade

Looks like I will be reinstalling FreePBX 13 distro on that box this weekend… Let’s hope that backup works…

(It has a pretty complex setup for a home test server, not a setup I would like to redo, at least right now…)

Even if it had worked I was tempted to update the hardware because of a few things I noticed I wanted to improve but I don’t currently have the replacement hardware and I don’t want to unnecessarily use up my resets (which I assume I will have to do) since that box does have a few commercial modules even if it’s my home test server.

I have to go prepare to leave for work so things will stay as they are for like another 12 hours or so and most likely more if nobody has anything else to suggest doing…

Thank you and have a nice day (and good luck to people in the same situation that I am or that want to try to update anyway knowing the risks…)!

Nick

Thanks for the answer Marbled.
here’s the version i have:
PHP 5.6.31 (cli) (built: Jul 18 2017 16:13:04)
Copyright © 1997-2016 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.6.0, Copyright © 1998-2016 Zend Technologies
with Zend Guard Loader v3.3, Copyright © 1998-2014, by Zend Technologies
with Zend OPcache v7.0.4-dev, Copyright © 1999-2015, by Zend Technologies

any suggestions on how to tackle
thanks

Actually, I believe the answer is a little more complex than that…

IiRC the Zend stuff is what is used to encode the commercial modules so that you cannot see their source code like you would normally do for something written in PHP…

I think that there is a mismatch somewhere in the PHP/Zend version and what is currently active doesn’t recognize the version of what it is asked to execute because it is a more recent version than what it is able to handle…

At least that is my interpretation of this but I am no PHP guru…

You can get a similar problem with Java when you compile into byte code with a more recent version of Java than the one you are trying to run the resulting class file with…

Have a nice day,!

Nick

Hi!

I will let someone else, hopefully a FreePBX dev, answer as they know this stuff a lot more than I do…

I wish I could tell you what is supposed to be active PHP/Zend version wise but my system is hosed as well so I cannot say what is supposed to be the winning combination…

Nick

Part of the process of switching from PHP 5.3 to PHP 5.6 we actually have to remove the commercial modules and redownload and install them to get the correct version for the newer version of PHP. Can you share your logs in a ticket so we can see where it stopped and why?

I have done a yum remove php* and then a yum install php*. now i do not get the error message any more although still fwconsole is unresponsive. The php version i get is:
PHP 5.6.31 (cli) (built: Jul 18 2017 16:13:04)
Copyright © 1997-2016 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.6.0, Copyright © 1998-2016 Zend Technologies
with Zend OPcache v7.0.6-dev, Copyright © 1999-2016, by Zend Technologies

if i try to run a fwconsole command i get:
System Admin 13.0.74.4
Copyright 2017 by Schmoozecom, Inc., All rights reserved

By installing, copying, downloading, distributing, inspecting or using
the materials provided herewith, you agree to all of the terms of use as
outlined in our End User Agreement which can be found and reviewed at

i will create a ticket with the two files var/log/sngupdate
/var/log/post_sngupdate

thanks a lot

Your issue is not because of YUM but rather the version of the commercial modules on your system not being compatible with PHP 5.6. Part of the upgrade is to remove the commercial modules (by doing an rm -rf on the folder) and replace it with new versions that support PHP 5.6, which is why I want to understand why that didn’t work for you.

Ticket FREEPBX-15500 with logs attached
thanks a lot

OK thanks a lot, i am discussing it with Bryan.
i appreciate your assistance, all the best with your (same more or less) issues.

BR

Hi!

Sorry, I did not notice…

:wink:

Obviously kidding since you both posted in this thread…

Thank you… I will have to figure out what I do now since there doesn’t seem to be a fix that works for everyone right now…

Nick

Hi Bryan

Have you had some time to check the logs?

Thanks in advance
BR

@alkisalgianakis Yes, I’ve been commenting on the tickets I’m aware of and trying to see how we can make the update process better moving forward.

Of course, you have been so helpful. I appreciate all your guidance and efforts so far.
Thanks a lor