Sagnoma FreePbx 40 fails to boot

HI, I hope someone can help. I have a Sangoma FreePBX 40, this has been working OK for a few years. Occasionally it would freeze and stop processing calls. This usually coincided with it becoming too hot, a power down and up had fixed to the problem. Last week I moved it to a position where it is running cool. Unfortunately, today it stoped processing calls again. Initiallly it would lot power down using the power button, after pulling the mains (12v transformer) out and repowering the red led turns on, there is a few seconds of SSD activity (yellow LED) , but the unit does not boot, a ping to the IP address gets no respons. Has anyone had this happen to them, any ideas as to how to breath life back into the device. Many thanks Peter.

Did you put a monitor on it to see what’s going on? We had one that they had a power outage that lasted longer than UPS. Then it wouldn’t boot up. Discovered the CMOS battery had died and the system won’t boot because the system time was wrong. I think you press F10 to get in BIOS setup, set the date and time and then it booted up.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have plugged a console cable into the console port of the PBX, using putty as a serial coonection and the correct com port the terminal screen will not open. So I am stumped. Peter

Now I have the terminal working and can see in the BIOS that the date and time are correct. Anyone have any further guidance as to get my FreePBX working again. Thanks in advance.
Peter

Sorry for the flurry of messages, but now I have the terminal working I have displayed the log file and it shows that the sysroot failed to mount, please see below. Any further guidance re resolving this would be appreciated. Many thanks Peter.

Jul 29 13:15:06 freepbx.sangoma.local systemd[1]: sysroot.mount mount process ex

Jul 29 13:15:06 freepbx.sangoma.local systemd[1]: Failed to mount /sysroot.

Jul 29 13:15:06 freepbx.sangoma.local systemd[1]: Dependency failed for Initrd R

Jul 29 13:15:06 freepbx.sangoma.local systemd[1]: Dependency failed for Reload C

Jul 29 13:15:06 freepbx.sangoma.local systemd[1]: Job initrd-parse-etc.service/s

Jul 29 13:15:06 freepbx.sangoma.local systemd[1]: Triggering OnFailure= dependen

Jul 29 13:15:06 freepbx.sangoma.local systemd[1]: Job initrd-root-fs.target/star

Jul 29 13:15:06 freepbx.sangoma.local systemd[1]: Triggering OnFailure= dependen

Jul 29 13:15:06 freepbx.sangoma.local systemd[1]: Unit sysroot.mount entered fai

Jul 29 13:15:06 freepbx.sangoma.local systemd[1]: Stopped dracut pre-udev hook.

Jul 29 13:15:06 freepbx.sangoma.local systemd[1]: Stopped dracut cmdline hook.

Jul 29 13:15:06 freepbx.sangoma.local systemd[1]: Reached target Initrd File Sys

Jul 29 13:15:06 freepbx.sangoma.local systemd[1]: Stopped dracut initqueue hook.

Jul 29 13:15:06 freepbx.sangoma.local systemd[1]: Stopped target Basic System.

Jul 29 13:15:06 freepbx.sangoma.local systemd[1]: Stopped target System Initiali

Jul 29 13:15:06 freepbx.sangoma.local systemd[1]: Started Emergency Shell.

Jul 29 13:15:06 freepbx.sangoma.local systemd[1]: Reached target Emergency Mode.

Jul 29 13:15:06 freepbx.sangoma.local systemd[1]: Startup finished in 1.880s (ke

Jul 29 13:15:06 freepbx.sangoma.local systemd[1]: Received SIGRTMIN+21 from PID

I"m not a linux expert. But I’m suspicious the hard drive is failing or the files are corrupted. There’s a chance it’s bad memory too. Do you have a backup?

If this is sold as a turnkey system, I think you need to treat as broken with no user repairable parts and need to go through commercial channels.

My guess is that you will need to reflash it with the software and may need to replace the SSD.

If it weren’t effectively a black box, I think I’d expect to be booting from a live DVD OS repair disk and trying to establish the extent of the problem, or at least trying to bring it up in Linux single user mode.

This system is for my personal use, was installed and configured by me. Peter

Just had a customer with the same system that stopped working after a power outage. It gave a reboot and select other boot device. SSD died. And the last backup was from 2019 :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.