S500's "Upgrade Fail ! Please check the firmware file !"

All of my phones are stuck in a boot loop and for what it’s worth I can’t force restart them from the end point manager.

The firmware is old 3.0.4.88 and I can’t update the firmware from the web GUI, I get that error. “Upgrade Fail ! Please check the firmware file !”

I hate my life :rofl::person_facepalming:

1 Like

Did you try logging into the phone gui and install the phone update manually?

Is there documentation on this, or can I have some guidance? I’ve always just updated firmware on a web GUI sense I was a kid on everything I’ve owned. DO I use a USB drive or is there a function inside he settings that pulls from a Sangoma server? I’m just not sure.

Log into the web gui of the phone, I don’t remember the exact place, but there’s an upgrade setting and you download the correct firmware from here and upload it in the phone. Phone Firmware Release Notes - Phones - Documentation

Now that I’m re-reading this. I did exactly what you said and got the firmware from the same spot. That’s what got me to post here in the first place.

You know what? I downloaded the wrong firmware :man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming: It’s an S705

It should really inspire people how far I’ve come with how stupid I am :rofl::sob:

1 Like

Installing EPM module, it’s free for any Sangoma Phone.
EPM can mange firmwares for Sangoma phones, using two slots. (0 and 1).
For example, you can select a basis firmware on slot 0 and the latest firmware on slot 1.
Next, you can select which firmware for a type of Sangoma phones. (Slot 0 or 1).

Just check sometimes manually, if there is a new firmware available through EPM module.

That’s it.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.