Running a Sangoma A200 card with FreePBX, any documentation?

Hi!

Years ago I played a little with Trixbox and was able to get something working but I had what appeared to be hardware problems and didn’t have the time until now to play with this again…

I am now trying to setup something similar to what I had with the Sangoma A200 (with error detection and 2 FXO and 2 FXS).

I only found a few bits and pieces as to what I should do to set those up with FreePBX…

Does anybody know of a good tutorial?

By playing with some settings I was able to get the card detected but I have no dial tone and I get a lot of noise on the phone I connected to one of the ports…

Way back when I was using Trixbox it had been suggested that my Sangoma card, its echo canceller or its modules might be defective as it appeared to be too noisy but this waaaaay more noisy than I remember…

What can I do to test if my card is OK and, if it is, what can I do to complete its configuration so that’s its usable?

Thank you!

Nick

Hi and thank you!

That was the easy part and I had already followed it…

The Sangoma settings page seems to have slightly changed since then (two settings seems to have been merge) and it doesn’t quite explain what the T1 mode is supposed to be set for an analog card (I assume it doesn’t matter, that it is for digital cards?)

Thank you!

Nick

Ok, good news, it has now started to automagically work…

When I tried to restart it didn’t restart first shot though, it complained Asterisk was not running at one point but eventually it worked…

I am pretty sure I had tried to restart everything so I am not sure what changed and made it work this time…

I initiated a call using an analog phone connected to my Sangoma A200 and was able to make it use my VOIP provider to call my cell phone…

It is definitely noisy, I will double check with another phone to pinpoint what is the cause of this but at least things are working on the FreePBX/Asterisk side…

The noise kind of sounds likes interference… I remember I had something similar to this when I played with the card years ago and I thought that maybe the PC I had put it in could be the cause but this is an entirely different PC now…

Thank you!

Nick

If you mean “echo cancellation” when you say “error correction”, and if it still noisy after you remove the “echo cancellation” module, then suspect “bad hardware” possibly just the FXS module, are the FXO ports also noisy?

run the command from linux: wan_ec_client wanpipe1 stats
// it will show some thing related with hardware echo.

========results=======
wanpipe1: Running Get stats command to Echo Canceller device… Done!

****** Echo Canceller Chip Get Stats wanpipe1 ******
wanpipe1: Number of channels currently open 4
wanpipe1: Number of conference bridges currently open 0
wanpipe1: Number of playout buffers currently loaded 0
wanpipe1: Number of framing error on H.100 bus 0
wanpipe1: Number of errors on H.100 clock CT_C8_A 0
wanpipe1: Number of errors on H.100 frame CT_FRAME_A 0
wanpipe1: Number of errors on H.100 clock CT_C8_B 0
wanpipe1: Number of internal read timeout errors 0
wanpipe1: Number of SDRAM refresh too late errors 0
wanpipe1: Number of PLL jitter errors 0
wanpipe1: Number of HW tone event buffer has overflowed 0