Routing an external inbound call via blind transfer to an external number

I would like to to route inbound PRI calls based on DID to an external number.
I can’t get misc destinations to work for this, I just get a fast busy.
Optimally I’m looking to dump the call off to the telco switch.
Similar to call forwarding

Ring groups works but it ties up 2 channels on the pbx.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Wyatt

PS
freepbx 2.5.1
piaf 1.3 32bit

Setup an Inbound Route with the DID Number filled in with the number that is passed from the telco, which may differ from the number you would dial to ring them.

For example: I want calls to my desk phone (07556556123) to be bounced out to my cell because I’m in Fiji for the next 2 weeks, so I dutifully create a route with my desk number in the DID Number field, and in the Set Destination, I have a ring group (which has my cell number in it).
When I test it though, calls fail :frowning:
Looking at the call negotiation log (/var/log/asterisk/full), I see that the telco is actually sending 7556556123 down the PRI, instead of what I expected - 07556556123.
Changing the DID Number results in calls going to my cell, and me going to Fiji.

When it comes to PRI’s, there could be all sorts of extra digits coming down the trunk, ie: 10017556556123 which would tell me that the call has come down trunk group 1001, but you really need to cast your eyes upon the logs first before configuring anything…

As a side note, if you are bouncing calls out of your switch, it isn’t going to magically hand off onto the telco switch.
Calls will go Telco---->FreePBX----->Cellphone, so you’re going to use up 2 channels for each diversion.
The only other suggestion would be to have these diverted calls go out through a SIP/IAX trunk instead, so it doesn’t impact on your PRI traffic (cheaper calls too!).

I have call transfer service on my POTS lines here. I get Asterisk to execute a transfer with the following snippet of code:

[custom-call_cell]
exten => _X.,1,Playback(followme/pls-hold-while-try)
exten => _X.,n,Flash()
exten => _X.,n,senddtmf(${EXTEN})
exten => _X.,n,Hangup()

I call this with a custom destination or you could use a custom extension. The line to call it with is:

custom-call_cell,7065551212,1

This feature it turns out is available only on NS2 PRI which was a $100/mo. upgrade. Once upgraded, blind external calls work flawlessly without tying up circuit channels.