Ring group will show 2 missed calls on handsets

I’m trying to track down an interesting reproducible issue when using Ring Groups.

Currently, Inbound Route points to my Ring Group. The Ring Group is set to ringall and contains 2 extensions. I have a vTech VSP600 and 2 VSP601 handsets. Each of the handsets only has its own extension associated with it.

The issue I’m having is when I call my main number, each phone rings. If I hangup the call before it is answered, then each phone shows that I have 2 missed calls. When in fact, I only called once.

Alternatively, if i change my Inbound Route to point to one of the extensions, and do the same test, I will only show 1 missed call.

I’m trying to see if this is an issue with the VSP600 or is there something that I need to tweak in my system.

FreePBX 13.0.62
Current Asterisk Version: 13.7.0

Thank you,

Brandon

I had this problem but it wasn’t if I hungup before answering.
My problem was that my ring time in the ring group was longer than the default ring time in the extension of 20 seconds.
So I would call the ring group and at 20 seconds it would stop ringing the extension and then re-ring it a second later. The solution was to up the ring time in the extensions.

Thanks for the reply - let me change some settings, and see how it goes. I’ll let you know.

So I checked my ring times and they appear to be OK. Ring Group is set to ring for 20 seconds. Checked each extension and they are set to ring for 25 seconds.

Furthermore, my test only has the Ring Group ringing for 1-2 rings and I hang up.

Still searching for an answer.

After finally having some time to get back to testing the issue, I ahve found that upgrading the firmware on the base (VSP600) to the latest has resolved the issue.

I thought I had previously done this, but apparently not.