Ring group to inclue a remote extention over a dundi trunk

How do I get a ring group to include both local extensions and extensions connected via a dundi trunk. I have everything setup to call between offices and use the remote outgoing lines.

also, can we get remote extensions over a dundi trunk to show in the local FOP?

as far as the ringgroup, just treat the remote extension as an external number, with a # at the end. However, keep in mind that it is treated as an external number so it will go to the remote vm potentially. You may wan to enable ‘call confirmation’ which will make the remote extension have to confirm the calls, but not the local ones.

As far as FOP, I’ll let asternic respond. My understanding is FOP can handle multiple Asterisk servers but you will probably need to setup FOP outside of FreePBX, manually, to make it work. You may be able to use the auto generated config files as a starting point and manually combine them somehow to get started.

Moved to new thread
Thank you on the ring group thing, worked great.

You add a user to manager_custom.conf on the remote system. Then on the local system add a second server to /var/www/html/op_server.cfg. Then you have to add the buttons manually in /var/www/html/panel/op_buttons_custom.cfg, which would be a pain in a large install. And if configured correctly, you get full control over it. The first time out I forgot to make some changes to the button config I had copied. It would sure be nice for dundi to auto populate that though.

And, despite it working, I still get this error on the console:

Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at /var/www/html/panel/op_server.pl line 3065.
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at /var/www/html/panel/op_server.pl line 3130.

when I use it.
Moved to new thread

Please post this as a new message with the subject having FOP in it and that way the author for FOP asternic might see it and respond.