retrieve_conf problems... Can't do anything

Hi! Thank’s for further help!
I don’t know what I did but since 3 days, I can’t reload my configuration… When I do it from the web guy, I get this :

exit: 126
sh: /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf: Permission denied

1 error(s) occurred, you should view the notification log on the dashboard or main screen to check for more details. 

And when I do it from the terminal :

[root@asterisk /]# sh /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf
/var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf: line 3: ?php: No such file or directory
/var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf: line 5: syntax error near unexpected token `"_"'
/var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf: line 5: `if (! function_exists("_")) {'

I’m new to asterisk… I did a bit of web server in the past, so I know the base of linux commands, but if you have a possible solution, please give a bit of details!

I’m running Asterisk on CentOS, installed by AsteriskNOW!

Thank’s a lot for your help!

Check you have localhost in you /etc/hosts file.

I had a similar issue and that fixed it.

On my asteriskNow machine - if I do “sh /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf” from the command line it does the same thing. From the command line I think you would just run “/var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf” (of course, mine goes a ways and then throws a different error about queues not defined).

Here are the permissions on my retrieve_conf file, if it helps.

[root@aster2 ~]# ls -l /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf
-rwxrwxr-- 1 asterisk asterisk 30519 Mar 4 2011 /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf

BTW - it may be a good idea to ask on the AsteriskNow forum, since it is their distro and there may be subtle differences.

This is a SELINUX problem not being disabled on most servers. This is not mentioned on any of the forum threads related to this.

Edit /etc/selinux and disable it.