Restore to different machine issue

I have a backup of my production machine and want to restore this to a new machine. They are both running the same version of everything.

When I try to use the web gui and go to browse > upload I get an an upload error. Specifically, “Error uploading file!” I searched the forums and saw that using scp to copy the file over to the new machine is the fix for this. I did this. The tgz file is now in /var/spool/asterisk/backup/ on the new machine. The problem is I can’t tell the restore function on the admin panel to use this file. When I select ‘restore’ I just get ‘browse’ which brings up the windows directory on my PC. I do not get the option to put in the local linux path with the file in it. How can I do this?

Well, I just found it, on the right hand column. A bit misleading when the ‘upload’ button takes up the obvious real estate.

My voicemail settings didn’t restore. Everyone is set to "off’ for VM. Is there a fix here? I see its happened a lot in the forums in the past with no solution. voicemail.conf did copy over correctly.

Also, i tried the web ‘browse’ option from ElementaryOS and by ssh’ing the file locally. Still fails. Guys, I think your web upload is just broken. The previous posting blaming “windoze” are wrong. This error has nothing to do with windows or ntfs. My test just now did not touch ntfs/windows at all.

What version of FreePBX are you using on both machines?

Also right after restore I get an error when viewing extensions. It tells me to do this:

fwconsole ma install extensionroutes 2) fwconsole ma enable extensionroutes

Once I do this the extensions appear. Not sure if related to the voicemail problem.

Version 10.13.66 on both, thanks.