Restore Asterisk 1.6.2.20 FreePBX backup to Asterisk 1.8.8.0 server

Hi,

I am sure someone has already asked this question, but I can’t find the right search terms to bring it up.

I am upgrading a site from Asterisk 1.6.2.20 with FreePBX 2.9 a new server with Asterisk 1.8.8.0 also with FreePBX 2.9.

I have done a FreePBX backup on the original box but how safe is it to restore on the new box?

I can see the asterisk SQL DB restoring ok, and the astdb, but won’t restoring the Asterisk 1.6 config files (/etc/asterisk) over the 1.8 installation break it?

Does FreePBX take this into account?

Thanks

Graham

Yes, it’s fine.

Hi,

I have been trying to get the 1.6.2.20 backup to restore correctly onto a 1.8.8.0 asterisk server. The versions of FreePBX are identical.

It all appears to work fine apart from the asterisk db entries not being created. I know you can create them by saving each extension in turn, but as I have over 500 of them I would prefer to avoid that.

Is there a script that can be run to either generate the asterisk db entries or something that automates the saving of all the extensions?

Is there a log file I can access to see why the restore of the asterisk db settings is failing?

Thanks

Graham

Extract a backup copy the astdb to the /tmp folder. run the ./astdbrestore.php [backup_name]

Hi,

Thanks for the tip, that works and restores the asterisk database. Is there a particular reason it doesn’t restore with the rest of the backup?

Graham

This is on Moshe’s “to do” list for the backup software.

I am glad you got it to work. That was from my crib notes and it was a bit cryptic.

Without a backup image in front of me I could not be more specific.

That’s something most folks don’t realize or appreciate is that often answering a forum question involves mocking up a particular scenario.

The restoring of the astdb is handled much better in the new backup module that was rewritten and included in FreePBX 2.10.

Hi,

Once I have all the PBX up to asterisk 1.8.8 my next step is to upgrade them to FreePBX 2.10.

Thanks for all your help.

Graham

The easiest way to fix it after update is to type this in your bowser: http://your.server//admin/config.php?type=setup&display=extensions&action=resetall