RestApps not starting with error

Hi all,

So, I moved a physical PBX to a virtualized solution by doing a full backup and restore. I’ve gotten everything up and running, with the exception of the restapps service, so no one’s voicemail is working at the moment (without dialing *97). I keep trying to start restapps, but I get this:

The command “runuser ‘asterisk’ -s ‘/bin/bash’ -c ‘cd /var/www/html/admin/modules/restapps && mkdir -p /home/asterisk/.pm2 && mkdir -p /var/www/html/admin/modules/restapps/logs && export HOME=/home/asterisk && export PM2_HOME=/home/asterisk/.pm2 && export ASTLOGDIR=/var/log/asterisk && export ASTVARLIBDIR=/var/lib/asterisk && export PATH=$HOME/.node/bin:$PATH && export NODE_PATH=$HOME/.node/lib/node_modules:$NODE_PATH && export MANPATH=$HOME/.node/share/man:$MANPATH && /var/www/html/admin/modules/pm2/node/node_modules/pm2/bin/pm2 start /var/www/html/admin/modules/restapps/restapps.php --update-env --name ‘’‘restapps’’’ -e ‘’’/var/log/asterisk/restapps_err.log’’’ -o ‘’’/var/log/asterisk/restapps_out.log’’’ --log ‘’’/dev/null’’’ --merge-logs --log-date-format ‘’‘YYYY-MM-DD HH:mm Z’’’’” failed.

I’ve tried to run this command, separately, but it fails also. Any ideas??

Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!!

Also, just in case, below the above mentioned is this:

Exit Code: 1(General error)

Working directory: /root

Output:

┌──────────┬────┬──────┬─────┬────────┬─────────┬────────┬─────┬─────┬──────┬──────────┐
│ App name │ id │ mode │ pid │ status │ restart │ uptime │ cpu │ mem │ user │ watching │
└──────────┴────┴──────┴─────┴────────┴─────────┴────────┴─────┴─────┴──────┴──────────┘
Use pm2 show <id|name> to get more details about an app

Error Output:

/var/www/html/admin/modules/pm2/node/node_modules/pm2/node_modules/cron/lib/cron.js:244
`Something went wrong. cron reached maximum iterations.
^
Unexpected token ILLEGAL

After running the command, I get:

HV [root@pbx asterisk]# runuser ‘asterisk’ -s ‘/bin/bash’ -c ‘cd /var/www/html/admin/modules/restapps && mkdir -p /home
/asterisk/.pm2 && mkdir -p /var/www/html/admin/modules/restapps/logs && export HOME=/home/asterisk && export PM2_HOME=/
home/asterisk/.pm2 && export ASTLOGDIR=/var/log/asterisk && export ASTVARLIBDIR=/var/lib/asterisk && export PATH=$HOME/
.node/bin:$PATH && export NODE_PATH=$HOME/.node/lib/node_modules:$NODE_PATH && export MANPATH=$HOME/.node/share/man:$MA
NPATH && /var/www/html/admin/modules/pm2/node/node_modules/pm2/bin/pm2 start /var/www/html/admin/modules/restapps/resta
pps.php --update-env --name ‘’‘restapps’’’ -e ‘’’/var/log/asterisk/restapps_err.log’’’ -o ‘’’/var/log/asterisk/re
stapps_out.log’’’ --log ‘’’/dev/null’’’ --merge-logs --log-date-format ‘’‘YYYY-MM-DD HH:mm Z’’’’
/var/www/html/admin/modules/pm2/node/node_modules/pm2/node_modules/cron/lib/cron.js:244
Something went wrong. cron reached maximum iterations. ^ Unexpected token ILLEGAL ┌──────────┬────┬──────┬─────┬────────┬─────────┬────────┬─────┬─────┬──────┬──────────┐ │ App name │ id │ mode │ pid │ status │ restart │ uptime │ cpu │ mem │ user │ watching │ └──────────┴────┴──────┴─────┴────────┴─────────┴────────┴─────┴─────┴──────┴──────────┘ Usepm2 show <id|name>` to get more details about an app

To start restapps you need to run

fwconsole start restapps

or

fwconsole pm2 --restart restapps

Run the below to see whats stopped.

fwconsole pm2 --list

The above errors are the errors I get when I do a ‘fwconsole start restapps’

fwconsole pm2 --restart restapps doesn’t do anything because restapps isn’t running. lol

fwconsole pm2 --list shows nothing under the Process Name/PID/Status/etc

I tried to reinstall restapps, using fwconsole ma downloadinstall restapps and it was successful, however I still get the same error as mentioned above.

This is an error from crond, so there’s something going wrongly in your crontab setup. The unexpected token error (IIRC) has recently been reported here, so there might be a bad module outsode of restapps.

Try killing all of the cron jobs that are running. Also, this might be one of those times where the short-term fix is to reboot the server (not just Asterisk, the entire server) and then watch your crond performance and troubleshoot from there.

1 Like
fwconsole ma upgrade pm2 --edge

[edited to fix command]

Andrew,

Thanks for the replies! Running that command, however, does nothing. I get:

[Symfony\Component\Console\Exception\CommandNotFoundException]
Command “upgrade” is not defined.

How would I check/kill cron jobs? I looked in /var/log/asterisk/restapps_err.log, but that log doesn’t exist.
Also checked the code in cron@/var/www/html/admin/modules/pm2/node/node_modules/pm2/node_modules/cron/lib/cron.js, but I’m not a programmer and I don’t really understand what it’s looking for…there’s a bunch of code about time/date stuff.

fwconsole ma upgrade pm2 --edge
2 Likes

Well, well, Lorne…that got restapps to start! Thank you so much!

1 Like

Please don’t close my ticket just yet :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.