Restapps.log getting massive

Not 100% sure what this thing is even logging or why I cant rotate the log. Ive been getting hourly emails telling me that the file system is over 75% full and started digging around. I got rid of most of a gb worth of old stuff in /var/lib/system-upgrade and now I’m looking at /var/log/asterisk

The log rotate conf for that log doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me. Its certainly not respecting the size limit of 50M and the permissions it’s assigning don’t jive with what I’m being told when I try to run logrotate -d in putty (owner needs to be root and permissions need to be either 0644 or 0444). Fixing those things manually still doesn’t allow me to rotate the log, says the file is too big.

/var/log/asterisk/restapps_*.log{
size 50M
missingok
rotate 5
notifempty
sharedscripts
create 0640 asterisk asterisk
su asterisk asterisk
postrotate
/usr/sbin/fwconsole pm2 --reload-logs -q
endscript
}

Where can I modify what’s actually being logged here?

Obligatory:
FreePBX 14.0.11
PBX Firmware: 12.7.6-1904-1.sng7
Current Asterisk Version: 13.22.0

restapps_*.log

doesn’t match your log file name.

Yeah, I guess I missed that, would certainly cause at least one issue. Apparently that only applies to restapps_err.log and restapps_out.log.

The other two aren’t rotating correctly either but they’re only a few kb each.

75% full doesnt match anything you posted about logs

du -hx --max-depth=1 / | sort -h

I certainly didn’t say that the emails mentioned logs, I just started looking at the asterisk log directory because that was over 2 gb.

Here’s the output of that du command.

4.0K /srv
4.0K /system-upgrade-root
8.0K /mnt
8.0K /scripts
16K /lost+found
28K /kickstart-sourcefiles
85M /etc
94M /tmp
245M /opt
358M /media
705M /root
2.2G /home
2.9G /usr
3.8G /tftpboot
5.8G /var
16G /

Drill down

du -hx --max-depth=1 /var | sort -h

also /home is quite big as is /tftpboot

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.