Restapps and Asterisk Dial Options

Hi All,

Recently our Asterisk Dial Options were changed changed to remove the T to prevent hook-flash transfers by the caller. After the change, Restapps call parking started failing saying invalid destination.

Is there a way to use Restapps call park and still prevent this type of incident from occurring where a caller can transfer themselves?

Thank you,

Pretty sure the answer is no. The Phone Apps for parking and VM Transfer both rely on the in-call feature code for transfers to work.

Why would you remove the T option. That option only allows the caller to transfer. The little t option is the one you don’t want which allows the caller to transfer.

I didn’t remove it, the Sangoma support engineer did while looking over our PBXact. Said it was a security issue but he didn’t realize the switchboard uses Restapps call-park, a lot. I started getting calls about call park failing and I couldn’t figure out the problem until this morning.

You can leave both T and t. The Option is removed dynamically from inbound callers so they can’t transfer themselves through systems.

Can you PM me the ticket number this was done on as it’s not a standard policy of ours to remove T so I want to dig into why this would be recommended or reason for it.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.