Responsive Firewall Missing

After upgrading an older install to 10.33.66-1 (from 6.12.something), the Firewall option is completely missing from the “Connectivity” menu.

I’m unable to find any hits in the forum, google search, or documentation about how to enable the responsive firewall.

Any suggestions?

Now that you are on 10.33.66-1, you need to keep going with the rest of the update scripts:
https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/PPS/FreePBX-Distro-10.13.66

Thanks Lorne, I just noticed that as well.

Is that why the firewall isn’t present?

And while you’re at it, upgrade to 14 as well…

Every upgrade I attempted from 10 to 12 (14? Why are the version numbers different in two places!) completely did not work.

Sorry, I meant SNG7

Right, we’re talking about the same thing.

Every attempt at an upgrade to SNG7 has failed, each in their own unique way.

You can only upgrade from 10.13.66-x to SNG7 not any version prior.

Yes, I know. I attempted five different systems from 10.13.66 to SNG7. All went through the upgrade, then the reboot, and came up - then failed to function properly, each in their own way.

No, it looks like the firewall module is not installed. But it should get installed once you run the update scripts.

All of these systems are 64 bit systems?

That’s why I was trying to find the documentation for how to install the firewall module. I was unable to locate any documentation.

However, I did run the upgrade scripts through to current last night; and the firewall did get installed in that process.

Yes, they’re all 64 bit; though they had some 32 bit packages that the installer replaced.

Installed like every other module:
https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPG/Module+Admin+User+Guide

Interesting, because I did look there and the word “firewall” didn’t appear on the page - the module was not listed at all. As to why? I’m not sure. I am sure that upgrading through to 10.33.66-22 did resolve it.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.