[Resolved] AsteriskNow 1.7 and CDR/Reports ... you must install addons

I thought I would let you know, Peter, that I needed to upgrade Yum THEN install the addons. I can’t believe I didn’t come up with that earlier but there we are- thank heavens for the Forum!

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!

Peter-

I’m sorry to report I can’t recall the exact edition of AsteriskNow I installed, but I am able to supply you with almost everything else you’d need to know…

Asterisk 1.6.2.11, FreePBX 2.8.0.4.

I followed your instructions exactly, and amportal stop/restarted to no avail. In fact a warm reboot (# shutdown -r now) didn’t fix it, either.

I thought perhaps something had gone awry (though I realize it’s unlikely) with the installation, so I went to re-yum it, but yum explained there was nothing to do after checking to make sure the files were there. (Meaning the installation was complete, I presume.)

I’m running a 64-bit version of the software; I can’t imagine this would have any bearing on the situation, as it looks like your instructions indicated you were as well, but it’s about all I can think of that may be causing an issue.

I can virtually guarantee you it’s not the server it’s installed on; I built a monstrosity for this installation and have resources galore.

I would be delighted to hear any and all suggestions you may have: I’m pretty new to Asterisk (4 installations, this being the most complex) but know my way around marginally well in the installation.

Thank you for your patience and advice!

Well I thought the answer was in Peter’s suggestion, but alas- I’ve gone through the process exactly as described, and still no CDR data!

Asterisk 1.6.2.11 (64-bit), FreePBX 2.8.0.4

Hi kliedahl,

What distribution did you install? If AsteriskNow 1.5.0 the yum command should be all that’s necessary. Of course, amportal stop ; amportal start to bright it to life.

Much easier:

So, I first did:
yum update asterisk16

Then did:
yum install asterisk16-addons
yum install asterisk16-addons-mysql
yum install asterisk16-addons-core

amportal restart

now CDR’s are working!

Thanks Alvaro!

You can do that, but then you’ll encounter the voicemail resequencing bug, which will cause you to lose all control over voicemails. Better to use asterisk16-addons-mysql-1.6.2.1-1_centos5 as recommended above.

Even better- use the FreePBX Distro!

thanks all for this post
but every time iam trying to run
[root@localmachine ~]# yum update asterisk1.6
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile

i got these errors , iam runnig Asterisk 1.6.2.13
so what i shall do now ?

It’s asterisk16

what is it that controls whether the cdr actually get written at all? i’m not trying to run freepbx reporting (yet!), just looking for the cdr in cdr-csv directory. the directory exists, but is empty.

I was having the same issue with Asterisk 1.6.2.11. Your steps worked perfectly, thank you!

The CDR’s are database driven.

To make CDR’s work you must have (or the distro did it for you):

1 - Created a database to store the info (default asteriskcdrdb)
2 - Granted privs to the FreePBX MySQL user to use that database
3 - Setup /etc/asterisk/cdr_mysql.conf to use the DB in steps 1 & 1

That’s all there is to it.

These types of things are the reason that distributions make for inept PBX administrators. You really need to go through the process of installing CentOS, MySQL, Apache (httpd), Asterisk and FreePBX from scratch to gain an understanding of how it all works together.

A basic understand of CentOS does not hurt either.

i completely agree that distributions make for inept PBX administrators. However, At the risk of starting a flame war… i got my cdr working, and they are most assuredly NOT database driven. they sit nicely in /var/log/asterisk/cdr-csv/Master.csv.

i had to create a cdr.conf in /etc/asterisk (as mentioned above, it’s missing from the distribution, for whatever reason).

i added a section as shown below, restarted asterisk, and cdrs started happening

[csv]
usegmtime=yes ; log date/time in GMT. Default is "no"
loguniqueid=yes ; log uniqueid. Default is "no"
loguserfield=yes ; log user field. Default is "no"
accountlogs=yes ; create separate log file for each account code. Default is “yes”

no database required.

The CDR’s are database driven if you want to look at the from FreePBX. You will now note that your reports tab does not work. Also you can’t listen to call recordings or view your history from the user portal.

So you “no database required” is only true if you want to look at the CDR’s with a text tool.

Looking down the thread you commented “not interested in FreePBX reports” I will lob the flame at you for hijacking a thread on FreePBX reporting.